Negril July 23-30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did it go at BSB?

Hi Willar - Sorry about the delay, been off SB since return.

Ok, just to quickly dispose of the only negative. Imo, the lionfish seem to have made a heavy dent in the fish stock. Last year I had the impression that there was a lionfish effect, this year I think that it is undeniable. The DM's are fighting back, unfortunately, only sparodically as they have their regular duties. Will try to upload some photos. My only other regret was that I did not get to Throne Room this year.

Ok, with that out of the way, Negril is Negril is Negril... amen...my little pinch of paradise. All week the sea was like a pond, the water temp just right, and the colour that incredible blue. The DMs were as friendly as ever and the underwater scenery - coral, gorgonians, sponges, overhangs - as beautiful as ever. In the early morning, the sea was so mirror-like that swimmers left a wake. And as usual, the diving is ludricrously effortless.

Our accomodation was also big plus with really fine view. Again, will try to upload some photos. Just loaded up one as desktop picture, but will remove it very soon - would hate for such a view to become passe.

Btw, the week was during the massive heat wave in huge chunks of the USA. With this climate change (reversal?) thing, maybe you'll have to come to the tropics to cool off, lol. Makes Negril's 92F almost balmy.

Ok, here goes.

P7290004ERSig.jpg

From the patio.

P7290005ERSig.jpg

Also from patio, imagine waking up to this every morning!

DSCN4065ERSig.jpg

DSCN4059ERSig.jpg

One dive 16, on another 10 lionfishes.

We're going to Negril in December (Couples for 2 weeks).

Sad about the lionfish increasingly taking over. Nice shots of the lionfish on the spear!

Back
Top Bottom