Question for Zeagle BC Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Stiletto and can suggest one more option that may help you decide. While the ripcord is great for an emergency release, for just unloading weight to re-board a boat etc, you can use the yellow weight bags and just unzip the pouches and lift out the weights. If you are verticle in the water this can only be done by lifting upward, so little chance of accidental dropping. This may be more difficult on your right side, but with the loop handles on them you could theoretically get them out without having to grip them by looping the handles over your thumb/fingers. Just a thought.

BTW- I forgot the bags when I went to the Galapagos, and had to hand up my fully weighted BC up into the ponga, or climb in with it on. This dragged the front of the BC across the netting and ropes, and after 20 dives didn't so much as get the velcro on the ripcord handle to come loose, much less have the ripcord pulled and the weights release.

Sounds like GREAT advice Sir. Thank you again for ALL of your help.

If it is possible, and not too far away from Miami, would it be possible to come see Zeagle and work on all the details and the customization there?

I'd love to make a trip of it.

Thank you

We are about 20 miles north of Tampa, so maybe 5 1/2 or 6 hours from Miami. I'm not sure that our factory would impress you enough to drive 12 hours round trip!!! :)

I have the ranger and didn't read all the posts so hope I'm not repeating info. The ripcord pull handle is on the left meaning you would pull it with your right hand if you had to release them. I've never pulled mine but I think it would be harder but not impossible with your left hand. If you can see a picture of the bcd (probably on zeagles website you'll see what I mean). The rear trim pockets can also be pulled downwards to release weight from them. When diving off a small boat without a ladder I take off my whole rig then just take the weights out from each zippered pocket and put them on the boat to make it easier to pull the rig in once on the boat. I have the yellow pouches that hold the weights for the front pockets.

Mr. Zeagle - I may be able to arrange a trip up that way with the wife over a nice long weekend. Maybe see you guys on Friday then enjoy the rest of the weekend relaxing in Tampa; food for thought.

It seems like the Stilleto [sp.] is the way to go by all accounts. Especially with being able to have the rip cord handle customized to be placed on the Right side so I can pull it with my left [good] hand in an emergency situation. Either that or the Ranger with the same modifications. Still need to finalize the end result.

Netdoc - I may have to take a trip to see YOU first and get a good hands on feel with what you have, especially considering you have both the Stilleto AND the Ranger [and if memory serves me right, the Tech as well :0)

I think that it seems that is the BEST option for me and my situation.

Thank you again to everyone for your advice, input, and help.

USVet

Feel free to come down, but I have the Stiletto and the Express Tech. The Ranger is a fine BC, but I am more of a minimalist.

NetDoc- Maybe one day next week / weekend the wife and I can come down and visit. The exclusion of the Ranger from the lineup is fine; I'm sure we could probably figure something out that works between the Stiletto and the ET. Maybe we come up with a hybrid Frankenstein of the 2 that Mr. Zeagle can finish off with a custom rip cord install? That would be pretty cool.

Combine the best of all available at hand- the BC's, your knowledge, and Mr. Zeagle's expertise.

Sounds like a plan :D

just read the entire thread after arriving late to the party. I was a Zeagle dealer for 10 years before the economy forced me to close my shop. I agree with all the advice given and must say I was not the least bit surprised by Scottzeagles comments. I have had several "special needs" Zeagles built for customers over the years. Zeagle as a company has only one standard and that is to exceed all expectations at all times.

just read the entire thread after arriving late to the party. I was a Zeagle dealer for 10 years before the economy forced me to close my shop. I agree with all the advice given and must say I was not the least bit surprised by Scottzeagles comments. I have had several "special needs" Zeagles built for customers over the years. Zeagle as a company has only one standard and that is to exceed all expectations at all times.

Sorry about your shop Steve.

From what I have seen so far, and have heard so far, you are 100% correct. It is amazing to me how much he cares, literally about ME, for just a random customer. It's awesome to know also, as a Veteran, how he feels about and treats not only the Veteran community, and those with unique physical situations, but it seems like every customer, with such a high level of respect and support. Customer do come first yes; but that motto is way easier said than actually done.

Plus, being an American company, run and staffed by Americans, and using American ingredients to make their retail products, really makes me feel good about supporting them as a company, and recommending their product to others.

It's truly a great company run by a fantastic owner !

I had a stiletto. Excellent BC. It's a lot "leaner" than the Ranger. Lighter harness and smaller wing. Better for your location. The Ranger has larger pockets however. You may like the larger pockets on the ranger considering your injured hand. I found the pockets on the Ranger to be easier to access than the Stiletto's.

If you do go with the Ranger, get a smaller wing than the standard ones. You'll never need the lift in SoFla.

Back
Top Bottom