Any confirmed tropical sightings yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw two types of parrot fish in Shinnecock Bay on the south east end of Long Island today.

We got a puffer fish here in East Lyme,CT. A tiny spiny yellow guy. He is in the aquarium now.

Also, the tropical fish fish rescue dive is scheduled for Aug 27 at Ft Wetherill in Jamestown, RI.

Also, the tropical fish fish rescue dive is scheduled for Aug 27 at Ft Wetherill in Jamestown, RI.

Thanks. That's why I asked. It appears that the "rescue dive" was scheduled under the assumption that the fish would be there.

I saw another tropical fish in Ft Pond Bay, Montauk this morning.

Any word on if the Tropical Fish Rescue will be going on as planned or re-scheduled due to the hurricane? Last I saw showers likely in the afternoon with seas 7-8 ft and winds 10-15 kts with gusts up to 20. Surfs up!

I just saw this morning that the Tropical Fish Rescue for Sat. has been cancelled and re-scheduled for Oct 8th. I went down to Wetherill yesterday afternoon. Visibility was OK, not great. Only saw two spotfins on the left side (which are now in my aquarium). Usually see more this time of year. Maybe they're just not around much this year? These storms usually mess everything up anyway.

Where did you see the dive was rescheduled? I can't find any reference to that on their website.

Where did you see the dive was rescheduled? I can't find any reference to that on their website.

I received an e-mail early this morning through the dive club. I can forward you the e-mail if you'd like. Here it is:

Tropical Fish rescue CANCELED
With Hurricane Irene due to bring heavy wind and rains on Saturday, we decided to cancel the Tropical Fish Rescue.
Al Bozza is putting together another trip to Fort Whetheril to look for tropical fish on October 9th.
Tropicals are usually more abundant and larger at this time of year. Mark from Biomes of RI and Faith from DUI will be on site as well as other mfg reps. There will be a tropical fish tank display, a nice BBQ, touch tank, music, volleyball and dive mfg's up on the hill. Down by the water there will be seignning, snorkeling and diving for the tropicals. Collecting nets will be available as well as instruction, dive buddies and holding tanks for all tropicals caught.

Contact Al for any additional information or to sign up programs@neadc.org

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom