tides etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trace

Reaction score
hello ppl, im looking for a book or website to begin learning basic ocean "science"... think secondry school student, though its been lots of yrs since i was in school....like how, why, when tides happen? flood,ebb .. etc, hungry to learn much more bout my new hobby/interest, many thanks
enjoy :10:

trace:
hello ppl, im looking for a book or website to begin learning basic ocean "science"... think secondry school student, though its been lots of yrs since i was in school....like how, why, when tides happen? flood,ebb .. etc, hungry to learn much more bout my new hobby/interest, many thanks
enjoy :10:

A site that I like is www.getij.nl

click on the english flag top/centre to change it to English and then see the menu item on left called "About tides and tidal prediction". I haven't read the English translations but the Dutch pages contained short clear explanations of the major topics.

Cheers,
R..

I am actually a college student enrolled in an oceanography class. The book we are useing give a good general overview. It is detailed enough to explain things in depth, for instance one chapter may deal with tides. Tides are pretty complicated and could have their own book! The following is the web link that is suggested to help reinforce whats in the text. This should give you some good info.

http://www.brookscole.com/cgi-brook...uct_isbn_issn=053437557X&discipline_number=33

web sites are fine but who wants to read the screen for hours on end and text books cost a lot of coin that could be spent on diving. so may i suggest going to your local university/college library and sign out some books. They are cheap and can have some pretty pics. Its also need to read multiple views on things (like origin of the sea) and then make up your own ideas. Try "Margins of the Sea" it was a really interesting read because it was writen sixty some odd years ago i think and you can see how views have changed over time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom