You want to go deep? Very deep? And indoor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The deepest indoor pool in the world is in Belgium!

33 metres (about 100') at a constant of 31°C (I'm lost with °F, sorry).

It opened on May, 1rst in the Brussels suburbs and I had my first try at it last night.

Nice big pool, nice new equipment (access fees include everything except for fins, mask and computer), and great playing ground, not to mention great opportunity for training in safe conditions for beginners to advanced students.

If you want to see some pics: http://skynet.photoways.com/partena...?pw=dnE/MTY2NzAwL3xlMTgofHJ0aEp6dGIqa3xFVE4=&

I'll probably go there again in the near future with a recently certified OW student of mine before we start talking about AOW, as the conditions outside are still pretty wintry.

That's pretty cool! (with great vis too :wink: )

You'd think that they could at least supply mask and fins considering they supply everything else! I don't get it?

You are obliged to use their equipment for hygiene reasons, and are only allowed to bring mask and fins and a shorty if you really want to.

I think computers are available for rent, but I've seen a few people using one for two buddies (I know, it is bad, but they weren't in my group).

Wow! They just started cheap flights Warsaw - Brussell. So I have to go there one day.
Mania

but Texas does it again :wink:

Dive Valhalla: Indoors - Depth 130' (110' diveable) - Water surface 70' underground...

Never dived there - don't really want too - I'm sticking to Bonaire :sunny

http://www.welchtravel.com/scubadiving/Valhalla.html

chiara:
The deepest indoor pool in the world is in Belgium!

33 metres (about 100') at a constant of 31°C (I'm lost with °F, sorry).

It opened on May, 1rst in the Brussels suburbs and I had my first try at it last night.

Nice big pool, nice new equipment (access fees include everything except for fins, mask and computer), and great playing ground, not to mention great opportunity for training in safe conditions for beginners to advanced students.

If you want to see some pics: http://skynet.photoways.com/partena...?pw=dnE/MTY2NzAwL3xlMTgofHJ0aEp6dGIqa3xFVE4=&

I'll probably go there again in the near future with a recently certified OW student of mine before we start talking about AOW, as the conditions outside are still pretty wintry.

Can you convert in °C?

The silo is certainly deeper, but it seems the temperature is much lower.

And by the way, the pool in Brussels was not converted from something else, it was built on purpose.

About 88 degrees F

Here's a site specifically for temperature

Back
Top Bottom