Equipment / Funding Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skyman_BLFD

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, my Vol Fire Department is currently expanding our "somewhat" dive team into a more adequate Public Safety Dive team for our area. We are located in Northern Indiana. I am looking for recommondations for equipment we need to put a group together. we currently already have 2 boats (1 on set on a lake and the other is on a trailer for deployment on surrounding lakes and rivers). We currently have 4 members with PADI OW training and 4 going through OW, and switching over to ERDI when available (pending approval from Dept and if the instructor returns our calls).

I am also intrested in any funding ideas you may have, since my department currently wants us to pay it back for teh equipment and the township trustee has said it will buy only the common sized and cheaply priced equipment.

We will be deployed on rivers and lakes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Skyler

We put together a golf scramble at our local Country Club. Sold sponsorships for $100 per hole. Each member of the team had to sell 5 sponsorships and their ERD 1 class was paid for with extra $$ for the team. We raises $2,000 with a 5 man team and it took 1/2 saturday to run the scramble.

I am also intrested in any funding ideas you may have, since my department currently wants us to pay it back for teh equipment and the township trustee has said it will buy only the common sized and cheaply priced equipment.

With a mind set like that I'm surprised you don't have a couple of mules pulling a fire wagon.

I like the golf scramble idea. And make it an annual event.

Sorry but just reread this " it will buy only the common sized and cheaply priced equipment". That does not inspire much confidence. I hope you guys have real experience in these places you'll be diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom