Thresher Shark on Amazon: Selling IUCN 'Red List' Endangered Animal Meat!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In addition to sending my feedback to Amazon, I sent the links to the page and IUCN's red list entry to the local news.

The Thresher shark isn't the only shark-based product you can get through Amazon.

Great Gourmet Fresh Mako Shark (3 lbs.): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Max
DSAT 198186

That product is not available.

Since many of the products have been removed or are not available, maybe Amazon is doing something about them? Really the people to go after are the ones making or posting the products, not Amazon. That would be like going after ebay for these guys.
Shark Fin Cartilage-600mg by Seagate - 100 VegCap | eBay
Shark Fin Cartilage Powder by Seagate - 200gram Powder | eBay
Really you should be going after Seagate for manufacturing them and Vitamin Life for selling them. I wrote both a quick note.

SeagateProducts.com How To Contact Us

:crying: Oh no, you mean people actually eat things out of the ocean! :shocked2: Those poor things :cuddles: Fish obtained legally and sold legally, I have no problem with that. For all you toufoo (of course I don't know how to spell it, I dont eat it either) eaters out there who think there are not abundant numbers of sharks, I would suggest taking up spearfishing :eyebrow: :D I haven't yet had the opportunity to try thresher, hoping to get a mako sometime....

:crying: Oh no, you mean people actually eat things out of the ocean! :shocked2: Those poor things :cuddles: Fish obtained legally and sold legally, I have no problem with that. For all you toufoo (of course I don't know how to spell it, I dont eat it either) eaters out there who think there are not abundant numbers of sharks, I would suggest taking up spearfishing :eyebrow: :D I haven't yet had the opportunity to try thresher, hoping to get a mako sometime....

Sorry, too many smileys to be taken seriously.

Suggest you do more spearfishing, and less time spent with the adolescent trolling on the internet... :eyebrow:

Wow !! You sound sooo macho !! Want to be you when I grow up ...

Suggest you do more spearfishing, and less time spent with the adolescent trolling on the internet... :eyebrow:

Why is it that any time anyone offers a different point of view it is referred to as trolling? It has been my experience that when you're fishing for sharks trolling doesn't work very well
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Because you come onto a thread where the topic is shark conservation, rather than starting your own thread in a more appropriate part of the board.

...and, of course, you didn't really chose to share an opinion - you used it as a platform to mock other people's views.

That to me, says that you are here to cause a reaction and get a cheap, sad kick out of offending and annoying people.

Was there another reason you chose to share your 'views' here, rather than on the hunting forum... because nothing you wrote contributed to the topic of discussion.. :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom