How many dives until your DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seasquatch:
How many dives did you do before beginning your dive master training?
One hundred +

As many as possible!! (I like my DM's to be experienced!)

Is there anything wrong with starting with about 30 or 40? (thats where i will be). Except experience that is. Just looking to get to the instructor sceen ASAP

I had 150 dives before I became a SSI Divecon, and about 250 before I became an Instructor. I think experience teaches you what the classroom and pool can not. I think you should wait until you have at least 75 dives to start your DM. Everyone is different though, and you could be a great diver at 50 dives. I dont think the extra dives will hurt you before you start the dive leadership process.

Just looking to get to the instructor sceen ASAP
Why, are the oceans drying up? :wink:

Seasquatch:
Is there anything wrong with starting with about 30 or 40? (thats where i will be). Except experience that is. Just looking to get to the instructor sceen ASAP

What's the big rush.

I personally wouldn't want a DM that I had more experience than. New divers look to the DM for guidence and help, and how is a DM going to do that if they are still a newbie themselves.

I had 120+ dives before I started my DM course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom