EcoWeek Costa Rica's EcoPhoto Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceanrealmmedia

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
EcoWeekCRLogo.jpg

EcoWeek Costa Rica's EcoPhoto Challenge

Sponsored by DivePhotoGuide.com, EcoGuide Costa Rica, Xray-Mag.com and the Dive Industry Association.

The EcoPhoto Challenge, Guanacaste, Costa Rica, August 13th to the 20th.

Packages start as low as $1.765 and includes meals, drinks, tours, transfers, 7 nights accommodations, diving – two, 2 tank boat dives, 1 night dive and great prizes. -The ultimate all-inclusive, beautiful beach property – the Hilton Papagayo Bay.

Booking by June 30th and Scubaboard members receive a $100.00 instant credit - not available with any other promotion - email or call now. Non-Divers and Snorkelers are welcomed.

Most everyone that goes on vacation owns a digital camera these days. So why not combine your desire to explore Costa Rica's jungles, mountains and oceans and challenge yourself and others to see - who can get that perfect image?

This is a challenge with rewards. The winners get published, get local prizes such as dinners, tours - cash, a new camera and the chance for an all expenses paid return vacation! This challenge is for non- professional photographers.

Here is how it works. Plan your vacation for August the 13th to the 20th. Take a daily excursion, scuba or snorkel dive and throughout your day - FOCUS - your eye and your camera - on the adventures you are experiencing! Each afternoon there will be composition seminars from 4pm tp 5pm presented by Greg Johnston.

There will be two assignment stages - Topside and Underwater. Within each assignment there will be ten categories. TOPSIDE: Scenic, Action, Wild Life (animals), Nature (flora and fauna) and Humor. UNDERWATER: Scenic, Big Life, Close-up, Divers and Humor (more category details on the registration form).

This is not a challenge or assignment to take lightly as, when you return from your excursions or dives you have to review all 100 or 1,000 images you took and pick only your best of each category for that day. You will do this for two consecutive days: Tuesday, August 16 and Wednesday, August 17th. On Wednesday the 17th you will turn in your best pick for each category for judging.

Thursday night is the Awards Party! Not only will there be fantastic prizes, but you will be published in three of the most distinguished, international publications in the world and - you will be in the VIP company of the publication editors!

About the shoot locations:

Underwater: Islas Murcielagos – the Bat Islands - where you will find bridges, caverns, coral and sponges, plenty of big fish along with Bull Sharks, Black Tips and occasionally Tigers. Another favorite area is Isla Catalina where you find the Cortez angelfish, parrotfish, clown shrimp, spotted eagle rays, hogfish and bull sharks.

Topside: Parque National Guanacaste, the summit Cerro Cacao (1,659m) and Parque National Santa Rosa – one of the last areas of virgin dry tropical forest in the world with 253 species of birds, 10,000 of thousands of insects (including 3,200 butterfly species), 100 plus amphibians and reptiles, and 115 mammal species like peccary, bats, white-tailed deer, white-nosed coati, howler and capuchin monkeys; the steamy summit of Volcano Rincon de la Vieja (1,895m) plus checking out the fumaroles, bubbling mud pots and ashy gray mud of the national park that shares the volcano's name.

About the judges:

Richard Stewart, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of the Ocean Realm EcoJournal and EcoGuide Costa Rica (Ocean Realm Journal | Eco Adventure, Scuba and Aquatic Sports Travel Publication - EcoGuides | THE GREEN TRAVELERS GUIDE TO NATURE and AQUATIC ADVENTURES).

Greg Johnston, Editor/Photographer, EcoDestination Adventures
(Greg Johnston Photography, Advertising, Commercial, Lifestyle, Photographer)

For more information email EcoPhotoChallenge@EcoWeekCostaRica.com or visit Home Page - Ecoweek..

Hi, my name is AngelikA Fürstler and I am a prof. (underwater) model/actress/creArtress. I am 24 years old and I am producing my first own short film underwater which I am gonna hand in at festivals as well. The concept is really cool and it's for a good purpose that's whats most important. I will do a free dive performance as well as direction and postproduction. I am posting this here in order to put some attention on what I am doing and who I am.
- featured in a Underwater Model TV Show/have done many UW productions
- personal breath hold record underwater is 4min21secs
-Advanced Open Water Diver
-Dancer and therefore a great underwater performer

I would love to participate in more underwater productions (Film/Photo, etc.) If that sounds interesting to you and you consider me for one of your productions, simply send me a mail! (contact@angelikafurstler.com). Please note that I am currently producing my own short film here in France as well (own storyboard, performance and production) and I am happy to bring in my creativity in all sorts of productions.
I am looking fwd to hearing back from you, AngelikA

AngelikA Furstler on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Angelika-Fürstler/125702694142866

My Youtube Channel
angelikafurstler's Channel - YouTube

Angelika Fürstler (currently under rebranding process)

well...
its good for see and enjoy, i like it thread, but where is the pics ???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom