Scuabamau diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are in the chamber right now. This is a good sign.

Just as stunned as everyone else. Scubamau has been a cornerstone of my diving family since I was certified. Healing thoughts, positive vibes, and prayers coming from Texas.

Opal and Gabi, Please be well soon....

Kev, thanks for keeping us informed about the accident. Cheryl and I were heading down there this Sat. to see all of our Scubamau family. We are still going but now its more about making sure our friends are ok and less about the dives. Our prayers are with Opal and Gabi and any other divers involved in this accident. We have dove with these guys for years and they have never taken us or any other customers on dives that push the limits. Hang in there Opal we will see you soon. We love you guys. Russ and Cheryl.

Hay Kev it is Mary Lou we were diving with you and everybody last week. Ijust can't believe all that has been going on. Our prayers and thoughts go out to you, Opal, Gabi and the other diver who I believe was on our dives. If there is anything at all that you or any of our dive family needs please post and we will get things there as quickly as possible. Again our hearts are heavy and prayers are plentiful.

Dear Opal, Gabi and Diver,

We have never met you, however, as part of the Scubaboard community and as fellow Cozumel divers, we send to you, your family and friends our heartfelt wishes for your recovery. Prayers of support to you all as well as the medical staff taking care of you.

Sincerely, Mike & Sue Behm, Texas

While I don't personally know any of the divers involved, I'm sending good thoughts and prayers for their recovery. Having been to one of the dive doctors on the island a couple times over the years (thankfully for what ended up being just minor things...), I don't think these three could be in more capable hands. The hyperbaric doctors and techs in Cozumel are more knowledgeable and experienced than many you'll find in the US or elsewhere.

Until the situation stabilizes and they have all the tests complete and are able to speak to everyone involved, there is no use in guessing about what happened..including whether or not it was a planned or unplanned dive. The people involved are recovering and one is fighting for her life so its time to pray for the best. The facts will surface soon via the actiual people involved, the dive computers and from the physicians.
As soon as they can piece all of this together will be the proper time to post about the accident.
Right now, is the time to post prayers and positive thoughts to Opal, Gabi the other diver and all friends and family.
I love you Opal and Gabi. Sending all my healing energy and positive and loving thoughts your way.

From my experience with Opal and Gabi, I honestly can't fathom what happened unless someone was in trouble and they went that deep to lend assistance. That's just how caring they are.

So very sorry this happened and keeping them in our prayers and thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom