URGENT Update from ScubaMau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our donation is only going to be one small drop in a very large bucket these great folks need filled immediately, in order to try to save this wonderful young ladies life.

BUT, maybe if everyone who knows these folks sends both a few $$ and lots of prayers, we can all help pull off a major miracle!?

Could somebody please tell me who Jennifer is; this name shows up as the person receiving the funds on Paypal...?
Is this JenLoves2Dive?

I wondered the same thing. Is Jennifer the same as JenLoves2Dive?

EDIT: I missed a previous post that answered my question :)

Last edited:
I saw her name when I made the donation. I made the assumption that this was legit, and made that donation, going with my gut feeling that the money really is going where advertised to help Opal and Gabi.

Anyone who would take advantage of such a situation, and steal $ meant to save lives would be less than human. It happens, sure, but this does not feel anything like that to me.

I shared this post on my Facebook page for my scuba friends to see. Just want to suggest that other may want to do the same and help spread the word. I've never met any of these three, but my heart goes out to them, their friends, and families. This is a diver's worst nightmare.

On it....We also have started a facebook page for friends and family to send continued wishes, post memories and pictures as they take the journey of recovery... Search out "Rally for Opal & Gabi & Heath' Recovery. Jen, thank you for finding a way for us to make donations...I will getting my donations out today as well!!!

Just a note - when donating, you will need to indicate whether you are paying in dollars or pesos and also to which bank - there is a MX and a US bank option - Godspeed to all!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Attention posters:

Several concerns have been brought to the attention of staff members regarding the legitimacy of the request for donations and asking that we verify it. Regretfully, this is not something we feel we can involve ourselves in. Much the same as the classifieds, ScubaBoard simply provides a medium for the communication between users to take place, but we cannot guarantee the validity of any transactions not directly related to the board itself.

The best suggestion we have for those users who may have concerns about the legitimacy of the donations would be to call the dive op involved and speak directly to someone in charge. As an alternative, one of the other known and trusted dive ops that post here regularly might be willing to vouch for those who set up the donations process.

Our apologies for not being able to provide a better solution regarding this.

Back
Top Bottom