Devil's Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppilot

Reaction score
I'm going to Devil's Lake, near Baraboo, WI, for some camping this weekend and thought I might take the dive gear along. Has anyone been there? Is it worth it? Good places in the lake to dive?

Thanks!

ppilot:
I'm going to Devil's Lake, near Baraboo, WI, for some camping this weekend and thought I might take the dive gear along. Has anyone been there? Is it worth it? Good places in the lake to dive?

Thanks!

i have made several dives at devils. it is shallow, only about 45' deep and you have to know were to find that. it still is one on my fav lakes to dive at. lots of fish life and lots of things droped by fisherman and swimmers. i usually dive along the side with the rail road tracks, lots of fish and big rocks. my depths dont normaly go past 25-30' feet when i dive there thou. make sure to bring a dive flag with you. last time i was there about 3wks ago the viz was not too good, maybe only 8ft in some places. but, in the past it has been 15-20 on a regular basis. definatly take a dip and there is a dive shop clase by for fills.

Hey ppilot, like JacobsonC2 said, stay along the side by the railroad tracks. You will find that the Bass will follow you around like little dogs. Turn over rocks and see what happens when there is a small crayfish. Great fun.
I'm going to Door county this weekend. We can trade stories on tuesday at the meeting. See you there. Have fun.

Jim

How far is Devil's Lake from Baraboo. That's where my sister and family go for 4th of July weekends. (BILs in baseball tourney there.) If I join them again this year I may be able to talk my sister into getting back in the water.

Paula

Thanks for the help. Jim, I will see you on Tuesday and give a report. I'm really looking forward to the Niagara dive next month!

Hi Paula, Devils lake is in Devils Lake state park, just outside of Baraboo. Were talking less then five minutes from town. At least if these tired brain cells are recalling correctly. The dive club I belong to usually does a camp and dive thing there mid september. Great fun. Come on down, the more the merrier!

Jim

Hi Jim.

Thanks for the info. When you find out the date, etc. let me know. One never knows what the year will bring.

Paula

Back
Top Bottom