Please fly your American flags at half staff on 9-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Just a reminder from your flag guy. 9-11 is a national day of mourning and all American flags should be flown at half staff.

For flags that can't be lowered, such as those on many homes, the American Legion says that attaching a black ribbon or streamer to the top of the flag is an acceptable alternative. The ribbon should be the same width as a stripe on the flag and the same length as the flag
For a wall mounted flag, three black mourning bows should be attached to the top edge of the flag, one at each corner and one in the center.

I think most displays of the US flag are rather trite and insincere. You see rednecks with their flags flying from F350's, politicians with their stupid lapels, or idiots with button down shirts that are decorated as the stars and stripes. I would rather see the flag displayed properly or not at all. Also if you really want to be patriotic, get out and vote. I don't care which side you vote for, just participate in the process.

I think most displays of the US flag are rather trite and insincere. You see rednecks with their flags flying from F350's, politicians with their stupid lapels, or idiots with button down shirts that are decorated as the stars and stripes. I would rather see the flag displayed properly or not at all. Also if you really want to be patriotic, get out and vote. I don't care which side you vote for, just participate in the process.

stone cold.

Just a note, 9/11 affected more than just the states in my opinion all countries should participate in the gesture if done properly. I know up here we are flying at half mast (as canadians were killed in the attack).

Reactions: Jax

I, on the other hand, and supremely happy and proud to see our flag displayed any way a person wants to wave it.

:salute:

Back
Top Bottom