You want to go deep? Very deep? And indoor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The UK has the Submarine Escape Training Tower which you can do dives in, similar temps and i think 33m deep.

They were talking about going into the Guinness Book of Records.

I have no idea whether it is indeed the case.

Anyway they had so many problems with waterproof and tiling they ended up with being two years late with regards to getting it open to the public.

Maybe it was the deepest when they started building it.

I dove in a 55 foot pool a couple weeks ago... they use it to test out scale models of oil rigs and ships against all sorts of induced wave and current conditions. Apparently this is the "smallest" such test tank in the world for this sort of thing, and the biggest I believe is in western Europe. Might want to see how big THAT one gets before calling Guinesses.

Just checked my computer, as I didn't have it when I posted yesterday: it says 34.4, which I suppose beats a few of the others, as the converter you so nicely indicated gives a full 112.86'.

It goes without saying that I had it on my wrist and I didn't put it flat on the floor.

OK, the submarine escape tower (if your talking about the one on horsea island) UK has a total depth of 35mtrs as to be qulified to do the submarine in the navy you have to do CESA from 30mtrs from inside a cylindral based object so the cylinder what they have to go up from inside is 5mtrs plus the 30mtrs for the CESA and you get a total depth of 35mtrs (102')

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom