DEMA Hotel Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe someone can start a DEMA roommate thread?

I have to admit, that's how all this started for me. I was coming back to the U.S. (post divorce) to job hunt at DEMA and needed a roomy for an econo-room share. Several of us got great rates walking distance from the convention center. And through Scubaboard, that's how I met Joystershell :hugs:(one of my now BFFs) and so many other wonderful SBers. I job-hunted, networked, landed not 1 but 2 jobs. Got invited to SB post-show happy hour and met "you know who". It would be 3 more DEMAs before that SB happy hour with a familiar faces would bloom into more :love:.

You just never know...
Don't forget, what happens at DEMA...gets posted on SB. :wink:

DEMASURFER.jpgOf course you're going green and taking the train to Orlando? DEMA has made special exclusive arrangements, and the special fare from Deerfield Beach to Orlando is only $425. Don't delay since there is only special spot per train available. True, you could charter a private jet at Boca Regional, but it might be a PIRATE flight taking you to Somalia and a lifetime of white slavery and overfilling 6351 tanks for warlords.
demahouse.jpg

You don't have a room? Well DEMA has a room for you at their exclusive DEMA-Guaranteed-Not-to-be-a-Pirate resort. Rates start at a bargain $625 per night. True, the Four Seasons in Orlando is cheaper, but how do you know if the person in the room before you did not have the Ebola virus? At our gorgeous Resort-Hotel, all of the previous contents of your room were refrigerators.
dema registration booth.jpg
Registration will be a breeze - all those long, slow lines are vague, distant memories. And what a great way to network and meet new people!
demamobile1.jpg
You'll already be familiar with the almost complimentary DEMA-Guaranteed-Not-to-be-a-Pirate shuttle service. Even though you could hire a luxury car, chauffeur and bodyguard for the price of the shuttle service, how do you know that they practice good hygiene? In the shuttles, everyone is connected to the dive industry - lots of water. Water is synonymous with clean. Clean water. Get it? Even if you're jammed in someone's armpit, it's going to smell good.

I'm staying about 10 minutes from the convention center but its right on the I trolley line that runs from 7:30am to 10:30PM. The rate-45 bucks a night. Not officially dema hotel but who gives a rats behind. Its a place to sleep and I'm guessing I know enough people that if I want to go out to dinner somewhere not on the line some good hearted sb member will give me a ride in exchange for me buying dinner?! I'm flying in on Monday and will be in Orlando by 4PM. Anyone up for dinner and maybe the titanic exhibit that night? Let me know. Maybe a pre dema group outing?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

I'm planning on going this year. Do I need to be anything "special" to attend the show? I know it says on the web site not open to the public, and that they are strict on the ID checks. Am I OK to get in being just a diver with my PADI card?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if that is a dumb question. I just want to make sure I am going to be OK before I waste $$ on tickets and make the drive there lol.

USVet

You will not get in. Unless you are a dive pro, mfg, shop owner, etc or employee of such. When it says general public not admitted it means the general diving public as well. This was made clear to me when I asked if my late wife could attend with me. I could not have gone to Florida in November without her and as she was in a wheelchair I could not just leave her in the hotel to fend for herself. DEMA told me the only way she could get was to be listed as a dive shop employee and at the time that was not going to happen. So I never went. There has been talk of opening the show for one day to everyone in the past but I don't see it happening.

Red Roof Inn Orlando Convention Center | Orlando, FL Hotel Reservations | Red Roof Inn
Tina, This is where I stayed 2 years ago, walking distance, free parking, screaming good deal on the room, not fancy, older but clean. It is behind the Rosen, across from Denny's, McDonald, Red Lobster.

Here's a map

9922 Hawaiian Ct

T
his year we'll be staying with friends who live in the area.

OK family stuff happened and will not be staying with friends as originally planned...back to the Red Roof.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom