Dont want to be a whiner but.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rogersea

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Tongo Poiint Basdiot Moalboal Philippines
# of dives
I have not been able to log into my old account since the upgrade, so after sending a request for help and changing my password several time, I have decided to just create a new account. Is there any way the posts which I had made under my old board name of Rogersea as well as the photos and videos and group memberships I had can be transfered to my new name Outerreefadventure???

Thanks for your time..

Cheers,
Roger

The new scubaboard sucks!!!!!

It is value added posts like this that keep me coming back to ScubaBoard. Thank you for contributing riverdiver :thumb:

I have not been able to log into my old account since the upgrade, so after sending a request for help and changing my password several time, I have decided to just create a new account. Is there any way the posts which I had made under my old board name of Rogersea as well as the photos and videos and group memberships I had can be transfered to my new name Outerreefadventure???

Thanks for your time..

Cheers,
Roger

FTR, this is not whining IMO. You have a legitimate problem that can be resolved (I assume so anyway) and are asking for it to be resolved.

Last edited:
Is there any way the posts which I had made under my old board name of Rogersea as well as the photos and videos and group memberships I had can be transfered to my new name Outerreefadventure???

Give me a moment to look. Edit - nevermind, looks like this was already taken care of.

yes it was taken care of, but certainly not in a timely fashion. I still have problems with logging in and sometimes it takes me 3 or more attempts for me to "actually" be logged in so that I can make a post. I have given up sending emails to the help desk, ask I have never had one answered. Of course this is a free service so I temper my level of complaining...:)

Since that last time, there is a NEW help desk answerer, which actually answers all emails. Usually within 24 hours.

I run a non-diving forum with the same software as this one. Although there have been a few glitches with people logging in, 99% of the time it is usually a problem on the user's end. Upgrades create issues that cause login problems for some people and simply clearing your cookies makes the problems go away. Most issues are specific to certain web browsers too. I very clearly have more problems with people using IE than any other browser. Most people are using IE, although that trend is changing. With a free, large forum such as this one, I would not expect instantaneous results since most people are volunteers who help run the board.

Glad your issue was resolved. You get what you pay for.

HowardE Like your Avatar :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom