Myrtle Beach Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back then they were in the small brick store that's now KT's BBQ I think. Found glass insulators on the Sherman, but never a bullet. Was on a dive when someone brought up a rifle stock with about 2/3 or the barrel. I think my most used word that day was @#$^&&^^!!!! Remember Cap't Buddy?

Last I heard (this summer and last) is that Buddy is driving the 90' boat for the fishing charters. Need a good captain for a boat that big and I think Buddy knows where every rock within 30 miles of Little River is.

I just dove with Coastal Scuba 2 days ago. Viz was ca. 6 ft. A couple of divers expressed surprise that we made the dive in that kind of viz. The DM/Instructor on the boat was great - apparently a navy diver.

I am guessing you are talking about Russ. We dove with them for 2 days on Labor Day weekend. The viz on one of our second dives was maybe 3 feet. I think most did the dive but did not stay down as long as we were the last ones up from that one. While you could not see much in front of you, had the feeling I was going to swim head first into something, it still was not too bad. Kinda like being at the quarry. Very much a scheduled based boat, but still fun. I liked the fact that there was so much to do when not diving. Made a trip over to Garden City Beach (?) and had Donatios Pizza and ice cream, walked the beach there. Headed back to the main beach area did the sky wheel and found a good restaurant or two along the way.

The instructor has Gotta be Capt. Russ Fleming you are talking about.
He's an ex new jersey state trooper. great guy and superb instructor.
Did my OW,AOW,Nitrox, and getting ready to do my EFR and Rescue with him this coming spring..
Last time I went to the Sherman, Capt. Russ rolled off the side right on top of a BIG Tiger shark.
There is also usually a really big sand tiger female that is known to haunt that wreck also.

The newest thing is the 100ft. Charleston tug boat.
About 2 weeks ago, They just sunk it close to the barracuda alley wreck in 60 fsw.
Can't wait til the water warms up to go back.

I was on the boat about two days after Russ did the roll. Now that must have been a bit surprising, for both!!!

Heard about the tug. Adding that to the list for next year!

I did some diving with coastal scuba Halloween weekend. Can't remember capts name but Russ and Matt were on the boat. We did the Sherman for 2 days waves 2 to 5 feet . First day we had 15 + vis , was abit cold between dives. Crew were top notch love to dive with them again. Was funny..our briefing included the use of the head " The only thing that goes in the head HAS to go in one hole of your body and come out of a DIFFERENT hole....IF it goes in one hole and comes out of the SAME hole it MUST go over the railing... we prefer you use the leeward side ... if you cant find the leeward side you have a 50-50 chance of finding it" Russ was giving it ..sounded like a drill sargent:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom