Dimension i3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
who else has one? i have one dive on mine so far and really like it. the lever inflate/deflate takes some getting used to but it works very well. i also like that the weight pouches take block weights (since i could only find my old block weights :shakehead:)...not sure i really need the trim weight pouches located on/by the tank strap (they are really just kind of in the way). but as mentioned in the BC section, it does take a bit more weight (it's more buoyant than my old chute2) with this over my old chute 2. i dropped another 2lbs in to counter that. the fit is very nice and adjustments are easy. didn't have any issues that made me regret the purchase. i will give updates as i go along and dive more with it.[/

went out again today...i am really liking the i3 lever inflate/deflate. messed with it during the dive and it seems using the lever, vice a standard inflator, is a bit more "precise" (for lack of a better word). the trim weight pouches on the tank strap are annoying since i needed to adjust my tank strap and with the longer strap, it doesn't fasten (all the way to the tip of the strap) to the velcro completely since the pouch is in the way. dropped in an extra 4 lbs and didn't have any problems with my descent...probably coulda just added 2 instead of 4, tho. i am still wanting to go back to an integrated alt air but am trying to convince myself that i don't mind the 4 hoses on the reg.

Hi chile7236,
Regarding the tail on your tank band, as you look at your Dimension from the back, the trim weight pocket on the right has an extra piece of material on the backside forming an extra compartment to tuck the tail into. That should keep it clean and streamlined.

Tom Phillipp
Product Manager
Aqua Lung

cool...i'll check thanks. another question (maybe dumb but i'd rather not find out at depth :wink:)...does the i3 hose connect piece seal if not connected to an LP hose? i am contemplating buying an air source 3 for it....thanks again.

Yes, sealed by the fact that water will not flood into the air bladder, however, there is a fine mesh filter screen under the QD nipple as well as the top half of the valve that could get corrosion build up from salt water. While the little rubber protective cap will probably seal it, it was never designed or tested for this purpose. My advice is to leave a lp hose attached.

Tom Phillipp
Product Mgr
Aqua Lung

After a few more dives, I love this BCD. I wish I would've went with an M vice the ML, tho. I am 71", 198 lbs and the ML is just a little "loose" at depth. My M aeries ex200 is perfect, fit wise. I just put the air source QD on and found myself using the i3 lever throughout the dive. The only "others" I have for now are: the lack of a handle and the trim weight pouches (make them removable). On another note, my Titan LX breathes exactly as I'd hoped...almost effortlessly and consistent throughout the dive (deepest was 72').

Last edited:
After a few more dives, I love this BCD. I wish I would've went with an M vice the ML, tho. I am 71", 198 lbs and the ML is just a little "loose" at depth. My M aeries ex200 is perfect, fit wise. I just put the air source QD on and found myself using the i3 lever throughout the dive. The only "others" I have for now are: the lack of a handle and the trim weight pouches (make them removable). On another note, my Titan LX breathes exactly as I'd hoped...almost effortlessly and consistent throughout the dive (deepest was 72').
I appreciate this post... I'm looking at the Dimension i3 (if I can find one to fit), and was leaning towards the ML myself. However, I'm only 5'9", with wide shoulders, and a narrow waist, at about 185lbs. I must be an "M" based on your experience, as well.

I understand all the resistance to non-conventional kit, especially from the more experienced dogs, however, it makes too much sense to ignore the simplicity and intuitiveness of the i3. And, from what I hear, the comfort, construction, and certainly the brand, are all gravy...

Thanks again...

I got mine! I love it. I am 5'11, 178lbs and I choosed the MD after trying the ML. I have 32-33 waist and the ML was almost all tied up, not good.

Anyway, my question here to you people and Aqualung is that I would like to attach a horn like a Dive Alert.

Could you point a setup/device that you recommend?

Thanks!

I have had one for a few weeks and I love it! Also, like other posters, I REALLY wish I would have gotten a M/L instead of a L. The large fits me, but I have to completely cinch it down, and it is a perfect fit then. They tend to run a little big. But other than that I have really enjoyed the BC so far. I like it so much I recommended that my wife look at the female version, the Lotus. She bought it and likes it as well. It allows you to streamline very well with great hose management, and has just enough pocket to keep a SMB. love it.

I'm pretty new to scubadiving - dived 4 times since my certification in late July - and it's a growing passion. I progressively purchased equipment and I am now shopping for a bc. Standard or Wing is a choice I have to make. For my last 2 dives, I rented a wing to see how it felt and I loved it.

The Aqualung Dimension i3 looks like a very interesting piece of equipment but I wonder if you can fit twin bottles on it? If not, is there some sort of adapter that would do the trick?

Thanks.

Pierre

Back
Top Bottom