Maximus SRB 5600 Purge Cover Fractures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sherwood Scuba rep, if we mailed these regs to your shop, would you be able to correct the problem, without charging the customer? Your profile has statements about earning and keeping trust, dive after dive.

The new cover will fit all Maximus from 2000-present day. I don't want the regs sent here because it an easy fix, it will be taken care of.

I think the point the people are trying to make is that they don't believe they should be made to pay for a repair of something that is essentially a manufacturing fault.

The question they seem to want answered is this. Why doesn't Sherwood take responsibility for this and make the new covers available to their loyal customers free of charge?

R..

Thanks Diver0001.

And instruct their repair facilities to ensure this is performed when a regulator of this model is brought in for routine service, when the thing's going to get disassembled anyway? Again, the technical hurdles are nonexistant, it's only business hurdles and walking the talk - living up to your advertising. This course of action and discourse absolutely does not show one microerg of commitment to earn my trust.

If this is 'so easy', why are we having so MUCH trouble? The real world facts just don't jibe with the paradigm, and we don't seem to be able to get recognition this is a poor business model that is incongruent with the mission statement advertised.

Mine broke and fell off last month. Seems to be a design problem. I asked about it at the Sherwood booth at the Beneath the Sea convention and was told to return it to my LDS. This implies I will have to pay for the repair (buy a new cover) of this crappy design.

Just admit it's a bad design to put non-flexible plastic parts in the middle of a FLEXING cover and replace them...

I know this is an old post - 4 years now - but you can add me to the list of people with the missing piece form the "flexible" cover. My Maximus looks just like the pic of the original poster (WarmWaterDiver) I believe. Since it has been some time - has anyone had luck in getting this faulty design replaced without cost?

Back
Top Bottom