Told My Jedi Master I'm Ready for 200' - need to start preparing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mindset. Skillset. Toolset. It kinda sounds like you're getting ahead of yourself, padawan. Worry not about gear till the groundwork you have completed.

done today 2011-09-21
230 ft, runtime 56 min.
trimix 18/40, eanx 40, oxygen.

was my trimix dive number 9.
today, 262 ft
trimix 15/48, eanx 40, oxygen

Why EAN40?

Anything there to see, or is this just for depths sake/experience?

I'm looking for a good deal on a drysuit. Wouldn't hurt to have a cold water reg. Any good quality off the shelf reg or something else? Aside from the obvious what are the details? Double tanks, what size? Two computers? Three computers? Seventeen computers? Bailout bottle? What else?

What you need an actual person to teach you. Preferrably someone who actually knows what they're doing; not just someone who has been "real deep" and didn't die.

Once you get significantly past the no-deco limit, the penalty for a mistake is often death or permanent disability, so you need to be very sure that you know what you're doing is verifiably correct and that you can handle anything that might happen without surfacing.

flots.

Does not need an actual person, the youtube can give great demonstrations, and lecture knowledge, without all the costly commuting, and huge amount of time just to answer ?'s.

That is why the op ask ?'s, this thread is to tell him what he needs to do a 200' dive.

Simple really, you need scuba gear, with a large capacity single tank, go do your dives and start shallow, then work to deeper dives.

Every time you have a ? ask here on SB and you will get the answer. What do you need an actual person for.

You will do fine and have the jedi master grade your accomplishments, so you know when to continue deeper than 200'.

Hey VDGM......you are on a bad advice roll these days. Keep up the terrible work.

Does not need an actual person, the youtube can give great demonstrations, and lecture knowledge, without all the costly commuting, and huge amount of time just to answer ?'s.

That is why the op ask ?'s, this thread is to tell him what he needs to do a 200' dive.

Simple really, you need scuba gear, with a large capacity single tank, go do your dives and start shallow, then work to deeper dives.

Every time you have a ? ask here on SB and you will get the answer. What do you need an actual person for.

You will do fine and have the jedi master grade your accomplishments, so you know when to continue deeper than 200'.

I have a sure-fire way you can dive way deeper than 200' safely. Get good grades, be physically fit, then, join the US Navy. Volunteer for nuclear submarines. If you make the grade, I guarantee you will dive way deeper than 200' on air, safely.

Oh, and it'll cost you nothing. In fact, you'll be paid to do that! (And fed, and get health benefits).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom