Reviews needed for Indo Siren in Raja Ampat???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there, I was on the Mandarin Siren when it was operating the Manado route earlier this year. Yes it is a new boat that only launched in June 2010 (we were in Manado with them Sep 2010 for a week) and if you check out their website they have put up all the new pictures of the boat (sorry this is a first post and I can't put up a URL but it's the worldwidediveandsail site)
I personally absolutely loved the whole experience at Manado. The boat is the smallest of their fleet and that means less people on the boat as well as when diving. We were so lucky with the group that travelled with us and had such a great time in and out of the water. There are only 4 cabins so its all very cozy, compared to the larger boats like Arenui. The cabins are quite small but very comfortable, shower/ WC areas are ok. Food is great and the operation is run very professionally and efficiently. Value for money is tops - are you sure it's cheaper on land? If you are purely planning for diving, the liveaboard covers all dives, meals, non alcoholic drinks, nitrox...I don't know about land cost in Raja so cannot comment but if all you want to do is dive, nothing beats the convenience of a liveaboard. Your gear is waiting for you before every dive...it's superb!

I was so desperate to make my way back to Mandarin Siren's trip next week to Raja Ampat, but unfortunately could not take the time off. Another couple who was with us at the Manado trip is back on Mandarin Siren next week to Raja Ampat and I am so very ENVIOUS!!!

wow you have upgraded! :) and completely changed locations??? Isn't Carpe Diem in the Maldives? Pls write in a review!

Counting the days Gee! I've been reading all of WWDS's trip reports and they are truly sending the excitement levels and expectations through the roof!!
First we have a quick 4 night trip to Lembeh to get the wife used to her new S95. So there should be a quick review from that before the dream trip.

My first option was Divers Lodge too. But they didn't have space for us! :depressed: So plan B was NAD and they had space in one of their bungalows :D So it actually has worked out cheaper which is always great.

Al,

Are you back from your trip? Hoping for a quick report as we're about to pull the trigger on the Indo Siren to RA for the same time next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom