Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
roughly where did you see him? i was looking high and low for seahorses today, but am going back to try again tomorrow
hopefully nobody will respond to your request. There are lurkers here who have in the past, collected the critters when we have posted where to find them. Once we know you are "Safe" a PMs are the best way to get the details.

I am pretty sure I'll be at the bridge tomorrow, maybe even with Hermit Crab :))).

roughly where did you see him? i was looking high and low for seahorses today, but am going back to try again tomorrow

hopefully nobody will respond to your request. There are lurkers here who have in the past, collected the critters when we have posted where to find them. Once we know you are "Safe" a PMs are the best way to get the details.

I am pretty sure I'll be at the bridge tomorrow, maybe even with Hermit Crab :))).

Jenny is right - we have all learned the hard way not to share specific location information. And in this case I'm not sure I could even tell you. He was in the sand, with no discernable landmarks around. Scubagirlj gets credit for this particular spy.

Have fun Jenny (and everyone else)!! Hope you see lots of cool things! It was very eely yesterday ...

Jenny is right - we have all learned the hard way not to share specific location information. And in this case I'm not sure I could even tell you. He was in the sand, with no discernable landmarks around. Scubagirlj gets credit for this particular spy.
Have fun Jenny (and everyone else)!! Hope you see lots of cool things! It was very eely yesterday ...
and i'm not telling..... very suspicious of people that come up & ask "where is the octopus?",like yesterdayooops, let down my guard & exposed my alter-ego, damn

Sorry, I had no idea that was done. I'm out here from California pretty much just to dive the bridge and take in the goliath groupers. No problem. Lots of cool stuff again today but still have my hopes up for a batfish especially and have one more day tomorrow.

the odds on seeing anything on any given day are pretty good...if there's a secret, it's go slow and take your time. Look up and down through the entire water column. Don't necessarily focus on any particular shape you're seeking, but open your view to spot the partial shapes of critters that may only partially exposed. Watch the behavior of the other animals (I find eels sometimes by first noticing the way the arrow crabs are acting)

Batfish have been kind of regulars for me..gurnards maybe every other dive. but then, I've only ever spotted one frogfish and never seem to pick out the nudis

Good luck on your dives, ocdiver.

By the way folks, I've been looking for an octopus I used to know pretty well. His name is Alvin, and is easily recognized because he has 8 arms and blotchy skin markings. Can anyone post the exact GPS coordinates to find his "garden"?

Today was my last day diving the bridge before having to go home, and it was by far the best of the three. 2 batfish, 2 seahorses (one yellow who I think was pregnant, the other brown/white), sea robin, pipefish and lots of other cool things. I wanted to thank those on here who helped give me advice (or even dove with me..thanks again Randy!) both on the board and down at the bridge. You're lucky to have such a special place right in your backyard, and are rightfully protective of it. Already thinking about how I can get back out here again!

the odds on seeing anything on any given day are pretty good...if there's a secret, it's go slow and take your time. Look up and down through the entire water column. Don't necessarily focus on any particular shape you're seeking, but open your view to spot the partial shapes of critters that may only partially exposed. Watch the behavior of the other animals (I find eels sometimes by first noticing the way the arrow crabs are acting)

Batfish have been kind of regulars for me..gurnards maybe every other dive. but then, I've only ever spotted one frogfish and never seem to pick out the nudis

Good luck on your dives, ocdiver.

By the way folks, I've been looking for an octopus I used to know pretty well. His name is Alvin, and is easily recognized because he has 8 arms and blotchy skin markings. Can anyone post the exact GPS coordinates to find his "garden"?
I thought his name was Red. At least that's what I named him...Here he is wanting to take my camera.
297753_10150308120978531_564528530_7867858_1133103175_n.jpg
and him clutching to my leg cause he was scared...
308258_10150308121208531_564528530_7867859_626874809_n.jpg
The rest of my photos from yesterday...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150308119613531.334481.564528530

Got to see a flying gurnard today, yeah!

I love flying gonads. Particularly when they open up. They look like SiFi creature. I've seen a few on night dives. Gorgeous when they are lit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom