Early Feeler for CUR/BON Oct8 to Oct21 Meetups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkyaffe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello world!

Dive buddy Jenna and I are heading to Curacao and Bonaire for the first time in October. We'll be diving Curacao 10/8 and 10/9 and diving Bonaire 10/12 to 10/20. I'm pretty new (OW in March, Nitrox since, 20+ unguided cold water dives in Monterey w various buddies, comfortable in the water) and Jenna's an intrepid DAN intern at their world headquarters in gloriousland locked Durham NC who's been AOW for a few years, mainly a CA diver and by October will have amassed myriad certifications from roommates and coworkers. (Did you know that PADI offers an underwater basketball specialty now?)

We're planning boat dives in Westpunt on 10/8 and 10/9 but are otherwise planning on shore diving when we're not eating, sleeping, hot tubbing or analyzing tanks. Staying at Bamboo Bali in Bonaire.

And we're happy to meet up with other folks for diving, beverages (in said hot tub) or wandering. Also... coral spawning, anyone? Night dives??

Anyone going to be in the neighborhood?? Bamboo Bali has two hot tubs for only five rooms!

Unspeakably excited...

Jenna with her new specialty card ->
[fv]816519146934[/fv]

I clearly do not have the underwater baller cert. Do you know what it sounds like when someone yells "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!" through a reg??
Image-1066031-134811463-6-WebLarge_0_86e64424d0bc8a0a5f9fd860fec4e0a4_1

Seriously. I tried a layup and my computer gave me an ascent error and forced deco stop. True story.

-Ben

Although Ben's underwater basketball skills are still being ironed out, he's a great underwater blower of bubbles and I can't wait to introduce him to warm water diving! If anyone will be in Curacao (10/9-10/11) or Bonaire (10/12-10/22) we'd love to share in the underwater tropical marvels with you. T minus 5 DAYS!

If your dates overlap, hit us up for a drink or a hammock swing or a jacuzzi dip. We're up for most things, except eating octopus.

Cheers!
Jenna

I'll be in Bonaire with my dive buddy Oct 8-15. We'll be staying at Belmar. Lot o' shore diving. Always looking for other to meet up with.

We're just a couple of married guys in our 50s on vacation without the families. Just a guys week.

Ken (& Bob)

Jim and I will be in Curacao in 8 days (October 15-22)...we go back to Bonaire in Feb so we will miss y'all this trip :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom