ScubaPro Jet fins in the Denver Metro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parkerco

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know a shop besides Flatirons Scuba that has these in-store, and/or the OMS knock-offs, anywhere in/near Denver? Trying to find a fit for my drysuit boots and would like to do it in person.

Hey Parkerco,

Most LDSs in Denver don't cater to the drysuit diver crowd, so I don't have an answer to your question (but I'm very interested in what others may recommend). Other than FlatIrons, A-1 is probably your best bet but I'd give them a call first.

FYI, I use Turtles, which are basically the same as ScubaPro Jets. At the time I bought mine they only offered one size, 3XL. I just looked at the fins and noticed that they don't have the size imprinted on them! Harumph. Anyway, the huge foot pocket fits my DUI size 10 rock boots, if that helps.

If you don't find a vendor in the Denver area you can always order online. If I may suggest, DiveRightIn scuba (Dive Right In Scuba), Scuba Toys (Turtle fins), or Dive Gear Express (Classic Fins) would all serve you well and probably provide a full refund if they don't fit. I would give them a call and explain your situation, I'm sure they'd be glad to help.

I also have a Viking with integrated boots, and the 3XLs are too big. Meanwhile, my tropical Tusas (L) are too small. So I too am shopping for another set of fins, probably Hollis F-1s.

Good luck! Let us know how it works out.

g

PS - I'm thinking I want to go for a dive at Aurora Res the last weekend in October -- just before they close for the season. If you're interested, you're more than welcome to try out my fins at that time.

I have 2 pair of used ScubaPro Jet fins, size Large and one pair of Aqualung Rockets, One-Size-Fits-All (their size, not mine). Neither have spring straps, but I do have one pair of new spring straps also, for sale. I also have a pair of Mares Planta Avanti (X-Large) long fins for sale. The Jets will need heel straps. Either they are gone, or very bad condition, but you'll likely want spring straps anyway.

The rockets and the scubapro jets are quite similar in design. The OMS Slipstreams (which I love) are about 1/2 the weight of jets/rockets. They are almost neutral buoyancy with spring straps. This is great for travel, but not so good if you have floaty feet/legs like I do. I just bought a pair of X-Large Jets for drysuit dives - I'll still use my Slipstreams for warm water dives. Let me know if your interested.

Thanks for the tips ... Waterskier the L's are too small for me, tried that already, and I have a pair of XL OMS knockoffs that are just a bit too small as well. What I was hoping for was a local shop that had the SP Jet "new" XL size in (as opposed to the old XL, which was like a 3XL). I definitely can just get them online, but was hoping to save some hassle and inject some local dollars =/

G2 I'll message you if I can go to Aurora, although I was told they are shutting down in mid-October this year so make sure to check your date!

You will likely have more selection online if that important in this choice.

LP, and Scubatoys both offer a guaranteed fit policy. I am not sure of the details but at most you may have to pay some minor shipping costs if you need to change sizes. I think they can get it right the first time if you give either a call. Remember ST will match LPs prices but you may need to bring the price match to their attention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom