Miami Beach charter leaves divers in open waters off Key Biscayne

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stories like this remind me why I carry a 9' Yellow SMB, a strobe light, a flash-light and an air horn.
The difference between "prepared" and "paranoid" can only be discerned in hindsight.

flots.

Above only works if you are lucky enough to have a boat wander by. I'd still vote for getting a Nautilus GPS. I know it's pricey but could help save your life.

It is a big boat, but they seemed pretty well-organized when I dove with them in March. I was sorry to hear that they were the ones involved.

So what will be the outcome? Capt? Owner? The Operation....

So they spotted the person who was not on the roster by asking that all important question.

The picture being painted of total chaos and people able to walk onto boats and stow their gear without anyone noticing is not a flattering one. I have dived on a lot of boats around the world, including South Florida, and I have seen a lot of chaos on crowded boats. It seems to me that when it came time to call roll they were generally able to calm that confusion and get everyone's attention, if only for those few moments. I would think that skill would be an important one for a captain.

Crap! I read my posts again. I was contributing to the discussion. I am not taking sides.

Last edited:
$85 seems unusually cheap for a 4 hour boat trip with two separate dive sites. Is this an example of you get what you pay for?

What do they expect, concierge service?

A clueless comment :shakehead:

The going charter rates in S FL are $60-$90.

"Fault" is something you worry about when you're back on dry land complaining to your friends about how the dive-op left you out in the ocean.

The important part is making sure that you can be easily found and rescued.

flots.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread closed. If there's anything new let me know & I'll get it posted for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom