Thanks ScubaBoard!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamarketing

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
When I was growing up, I was addicted to the early internet. I managed BBS's and moderated forums. As a result, I grew to hate forums.

When I first started with LP and realized I was going to need to spend some time here, I cringed.

Then I spent some time here. I met Pete at DEMA and had some brief chats. I've interacted with a lot of friendly, tolerant, intelligent people.

Since it's my job to be on a variety of forums, I can tell anyone who hasn't ventured beyond the ScubaBoard realm, this is a great place to be.

Thanks everybody.

Forums are indeed a complex world... It took the dive industry many years to embrace ScubaBoard [and the web... one might say it's not all there yet] and sadly on the flip-side there's many communities that just aren't that open... Of course this isn't unique to diving -- after 14 years working in online community, if anything I'd say diving is far more open thanks to the culture of those who dive to be social and communal.

Of course it's always more challenging to enter a community on behalf of a business but certainly a lot of the value is in hearing the negative to know where the opportunity is, and to be able to show your "face" to shift perceptions.

As always, Kuddos to Pete and the team for keeping things growing in a friendly way. It's hard to do both at the same time with new faces asking the same types questions, old faces looking for new excitement and everything in between but every time I venture back I find that it's a lot of :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom