Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to the bridge this am and the water looked a lot clearer. Saw some cool stuff...saw a good size ray but he took off before i could get close enough for a pic.

Man, the moon jellies grow big down here! In Seattle area they are about 6" max and all white....
Moons weren't too bad today...and seems like you got some nice shots. Hope to see you Friday, the water should be even clearer.

It is true we found what must be a small leak on the east span near shore, where you can get a small measure of e coli at low tide, or if you stayed right next to the leak in the pipe, probably even at slack high tide...when the current is moving, it dilutes the pollution source so much that you can't get a reading of any thing significant......If you have concerns, but still want to do the east span, do it WHILE the tide is coming in...this is when it will be cleanest....every where else on the west side , it is a non issue.

And no, the city does not want to hear about it, don't believe there is a leak, and the construction company even claimed they did zero hammering into the area that could have resulted in a crack.....I could swear I remember the pile driving for almost a month, but I guess they figure we all have short memories... :)
That or the fact that divers are deaf.. you didn't hear anything... :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Got to the bridge this am and the water looked a lot clearer. Saw some cool stuff...saw a good size ray but he took off before i could get close enough for a pic.

Man, the moon jellies grow big down here! In Seattle area they are about 6" max and all white....
come & dive during feb/march.....port man o wars COVER the surface & then you get thimble jellies from the surface to about 30'...fun fun!

10-13-11 Two seahorses, four spotted eagle rays, five baby squid, garden eels, moray eels, plus more. Well worth the "risk" today.

seahorse.jpg

jet,

What was the temperature in the water and the viz? NICE picture!!

Thanks! I had 81. I've switched to my 3mm and still felt chilly at the end of two hours. Viz was average - maybe 15-20 ft. We explored the east side and it was pretty milky (SGJ said "spooky") under the little bridge. But then we saw all the eagle rays - first three together and then one alone feeding on the bottom and I forgot that I was cold.

I'm telling you this dive is like crack. As I was exiting all I could think was "when can I do this again?"

Thanks! I had 81. I've switched to my 3mm and still felt chilly at the end of two hours. Viz was average - maybe 15-20 ft. We explored the east side and it was pretty milky (SGJ said "spooky") under the little bridge. But then we saw all the eagle rays - first three together and then one alone feeding on the bottom and I forgot that I was cold.

I'm telling you this dive is like crack. As I was exiting all I could think was "when can I do this again?"

Wow. The summer is gone already. :( 81 -82 I'll dive a 1 mil. But I'm not going out again until the next couple weeks in Jupiter. Time for the 3 mil I suspect. I need to finish re-rigging my steel plate. It's been sitting in the garage since last March, LOL.

Thanks for the report J. Wonderful pics, as always.

Amazing that you have garden eels there, so shallow! I'm on the other side of the country but I think I should start looking for an excuse to visit Florida.

Hint. Leave your DS at home. :D Although, honestly, we've seen drysuit temps on occasion, but never at the bridge AFAIK.

Jet did a pretty good report for today.. this is my version..

Good dive today! It went something like this (sung to the tune of 12 days of Christmas)
Fiiivveeee baby squid!
4 a eagle rays
3 barracuda
2 seahorses
and 1 garden eeellllllll!

I got 77° on my computer.. that seems a bit on the chilly side, I was guessing maybe 82°.. vis Ok till the tide turned and the blue started turning to green. But, seeing the spotted eagle rays was awesome and we did a few minutes under the east span. Good to dive it again. Like seeing an old friend.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom