Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hint. Leave your DS at home. :D Although, honestly, we've seen drysuit temps on occasion, but never at the bridge AFAIK.

For me anything below 80 is dry suit temp. Was in a 5 mil today at 81.4 degrees. Was fine during the dive but a bit cold now 6 hours later.
Guess I'll wimp out and dive dry until March :eyebrow:

I got 77° on my computer yesterday and thought that was a bit low. But I would say it was 81-82°.. time to add neoprene!

I got 77° on my computer yesterday and thought that was a bit low. But I would say it was 81-82°.. time to add neoprene!
but..i was in a half mil, jet was in a 3 & the CB was in a 5...no one was cold, after almost 2 hrs.....kind of a crap shoot advising anyone on what to wear

The water warmed up a bit this week near shore. Monday on a Pompano shore dive I was chilly in a 3mm shorty
in 18ft with water temp at 82F. Today did a LBTS Hibiscus and Pompano 8th street and showed 84F on both dives.
Viz near shore is much improved from earlier in the week but still has a way to go.

I'll be in the area next week for work. Do they have tank rentals? Also, will there be enough people around to find a buddy to dive with?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'll be in the area next week for work. Do they have tank rentals? Also, will there be enough people around to find a buddy to dive with?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Tank rentals both ways from the bridge, and many shops in the area. Force E is probably easiest to find as it is on Blue Heron Blvd a couple blocks west of the bridge. Pura Vida is even closer on Singer Island but off the main drag.

Show up a couple of hours or more before hi slack tide and ask around.

I got out to the bridge for the first time since June, phew! Been too busy to get out there. I got stung countless times (snorkler w/ bathing suit only), but the stings are very minor compared to some crazy jelly invasion February 2011. I saw a ton of little things in the water, I assume they are related to jellies or juvenile jellies maybe? They are tiny and clear except for two white dots. If you "unfocus" you can see tons of them drifting with the current.

I greatly enjoy looking at everyone else's pics, so I will post some of mine I took earlier this year. I didn't get any great shots today.

I believe this is the type of jelly that stung me Feb 2011. There were two different ones that day that look similar, so it was one of the two:
jelly.jpg

Blue angel:
blueangel.jpg

Lantern bass:
lantern.jpg

Octo:
octo.jpg

Queen angel:
queen.jpg

Dove with olyvtx yesterday and we explored the west side. Saw very few lobesters but did see my friendly octopus who came out to explore O's camera. Saw lots of scorpionfish, both plumed and spotted, eels, jawfish and blennys but the fun part was finding a pair of striped burrfish doing the "nasty bump and grind" at the debris field under the fishing bridge.

Hope O enjoyed his dive and gets in a good one today before he returns to the northwestern climes.
Blue Heron Bridge Queen Conch eyes.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Seaweed Blenny.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Banded Coral Shrimp.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Seaweed Blenny.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Striped Burrfish.jpg

See you Monday :mooner:

Jim,

Thanks for showing me around the dive site. Much appreciated. Getting setup right now to go again this am. I'll get some pics up later. Nice pics from your Sealife...

Paul

Dove with olyvtx yesterday and we explored the west side. Saw very few lobesters but did see my friendly octopus who came out to explore O's camera. Saw lots of scorpionfish, both plumed and spotted, eels, jawfish and blennys but the fun part was finding a pair of striped burrfish doing the "nasty bump and grind" at the debris field under the fishing bridge.

Hope O enjoyed his dive and gets in a good one today before he returns to the northwestern climes.

See you Monday :mooner:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom