Iberostar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjach

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are heading down to the Iberostar this Friday for a quick 5 night get away(much needed). My wife was checking things out on trip advisor and now has some concerns.
I know enough to believe about 50% of what is on trip advisor. But anyway, somewhere on there people were complaining about things missing from their rooms. Cash, cameras, laptops and other valuables. We usually are pretty good about putting our things in the in room safe. Has anyone had issues with things being stolen while there, and how big are the safes. I really don't want to carry a laptop all over the resort, especially while diving.

Any other useful info about the Iberostar is appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

We never had any problems there, though that was a couple years ago. I left money and crap all over the place. I had to leave a note to get the maid to take the tip.

Never had issues. Always had camera gears spread all over room or table, and scuba gears spread all over the patio. Never left passport or wallet out though. You don't need those stuff in that resort, so one generally walk around with no wallet or other valuables.

Jjach,

Have been to the Iberostar many times and have never experienced any problems with theft. Have left laptop and cameras out. Safe is large enough to fit wallets and passports. Enjoy your stay:)

Colin

Iberostar is a giant international company and seems to have a similar security plan for all of their resorts. I've been to three (Playa, Cozumel, Punta Cana) and they all seem very safe. Theft happens everywhere and you always have to take precautions, but I don't think you can get much safer than Iberostar.

We were there for the second time last week and have never had any problems. My husband left his I Pad out on the charger and I left my cell phone out to charge a couple of times. No problems. I also have had no problems with my dive gear.

The safe was big enough to hold the I Pad without the case. A laptop would not fit.

The resort was only about 30% occupied while we were there. Very nice and quiet! Be sure to request a room by the pool. Nester at the front desk showed us what was available and let us have our choice!

Enjoy!

We were there for the second time last week and have never had any problems. My husband left his I Pad out on the charger and I left my cell phone out to charge a couple of times. No problems. I also have had no problems with my dive gear.

The safe was big enough to hold the I Pad without the case. A laptop would not fit.

The resort was only about 30% occupied while we were there. Very nice and quiet! Be sure to request a room by the pool. Nester at the front desk showed us what was available and let us have our choice!

Enjoy!

My business sized laptop always fit into every safe where I have been to. Maybe you have one of those supersized laptop?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom