Malware on ScubaBoard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shut down the forums to make sure that we are clean. This is done manually and takes time. We have no trojans on the site. The warnings should go away soon. We will be upgrading that portion of our server soon to make this a more permanent solution.

Again the Chrome browser saying dangerous site.

Here we go again ... no SB access via Chrome. OK with IE9.

There are two types of warnings... MOST are not active and rely on a report. Chrome is using one right now and it won't go away for some time even though our site is clean.

There are reports that are based on a ACTIVE scan of our website. If you get one of these, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE send a report to support@scubaboard.com. If you don't know, you don't have this kind of reporting and I request that you not deluge us with superfluous communications. We are monitoring the site automagically as well as manually. Just telling us that you see a warning will make matters worse. After all, that's what these guys want to do: disrupt and disparage. Lets not play into their hands. You can be sure that we are working diligently to keep ScubaBoard free from anything that might harm your PC.

I Get THIS When I Enter Page

sbalert.gif

Anyone else seeing this. This happened at 11:05 CST today.

Phil Ellis
DiveSports.com

I got this report today:

While I appreciate that you guys don't host malware, is it possible one or more of your advertisers is not so considerate of your users?

Advisory provided by
malware_logo.gif
[h=2]Safe Browsing[/h][h=3]Diagnostic page for scubaboard.com[/h]
What is the current listing status for scubaboard.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 18 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 377 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 60 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-10-21, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-10-21.Malicious software includes 36 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 5 new process(es) on the target machine.
Malicious software is hosted on 8 domain(s), including robowlud.dyndns.tv/, robokfox.dyndns.tv/, robomhqz.dyndns.tv/.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS6364 (ATLANTIC).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, scubaboard.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
Next steps:

I got this report today:

While I appreciate that you guys don't host malware, is it possible one or more of your advertisers is not so considerate of your users?
It's not coming from our advertisers. There is a concerted effort directed at all vBulletin sites. Again, the more distrust and confusion they can engender, the more successful their campaign is going. We have found a permanent way to get around all this, but its going to take a week or so to implement it. During that time, we will be micro-monitoring our site both manually and automatically.

Complicating this, we have a server that is having seperate issues and we have had to put all of our load on the other two. This is causing us to manage the overload at the same time. To say the least, we are dealing with multiple issues at the moment and the stress is a bit high. If we sound terse during this time, we certainly don't mean to. Please forgive us as we try to provide the best possible experience here on ScubaBoard. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom