Jet Style Fin (short and wide)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just found out the OMS Slipstreams are 1.3 pounds lighter than the Apollo Bio-Fin Pro C's

Sounds like the in-air difference. My OMS Slipstreams with springheels weigh 8 ounces (225 g) in fresh water. That's 4 ounces per fin and most of that is from the spring.

Do you want lighter for air travel or for underwater?

BTW, the Hollis fins look interesting also, -looking at those myself.

Looking to cut down on travel weight but have what I need in a fin in current and different kick styles that can't be accomplished with a split. Right now Apollos are 6.65# pair dry, Hollis F1 are about the same and the OMS is only about 5.35# Need to be short enough to fit in suit-case for travel

For mostly a dry diver, is there a preference for brand and model? Don't like too heavy, always try to purchase higher quality. I know fins are all opinions and I am looking for opinions. I mostly dive the Apollo Bio Pro splits but on occasion need something for kicks that a split fin can't do. Also current issues with split fins.

I've been diving SP Jets for about 5 years now, they are negative but provide great control and power. I still use the rubber strap, it holds up just fine.

Edit: they fit in my backpack for carryon, but my backpack just barely fits the sizing specs of the airline.

I just weighed my Jets: came up at #5.5. SP now has online sales, so you might be able to order a pair without a local outlet. Jets are just about indestructible.

Threads a bit old now but since I've come across it I'll throw my own 2cents in. I dive the Hollis F1 with spring straps, fit great, great propulsion and fairly light in comparison to some of the older jet fins.

Back
Top Bottom