Aging eyesight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Galileo Sol/Luna can be configured to have huge numbers depending on the home screen selected. Also, price has dropped by 1/3.

my wife has horrible vision, even with contacts. She bought a Vyper Air. Nice and big and she's happy. I have a D6i. If I dive with contacts, tough to see. If I leave my contacts out, nice and clear. So I need to make a decision. Near or farsightedness. Growing old sucks.

NOT growing old and suddenly being in need of glasses sux even more :wink:
Im just in my thirties and never needed glasses, but a year ago or so I just started to get really tired in/around my eyes. Astigmatism on both eyes, new glasses (which with my face shape is hell to fit and ended up costing a ****load). Started sleeping a hell of a lot better and seeing like when I was 20 again tho :p

Guess the worst of all would be not getting older at all tho, so Ill cope :p

It begins with the computer display but we don't get any younger, and neither do our eyes. It goes from 1.5 to 2.25 and on to 3 and more.

My husband and I went for the Datamask HUD, so yes we could see all our numbers... but missed half of the flounder and pretty much all the octopus, never mind baby nudis or other small creatures. So as much as I love the mask I don't think of it as a solution to the vision problem, my husband send his out and got the same as his glasses, actual progressive correction. I decided to get contacts, I love the mask but I like other masks too, so contacts give me the freedom of using whatever I want.

If you just need the equivalent of drugstore reading glasses, this works well for me:
XS Scuba Fusion 2 gauge Reader Mask, #MA280

Only available in +1.75. Call them, you might get a lower price than what's listed.

sounds like the best thing since sliced bread. I'm gonna try to get one to test out diving where i live (near davao in the philippines).

NOT growing old and suddenly being in need of glasses sux even more :wink:
Im just in my thirties and never needed glasses, but a year ago or so I just started to get really tired in/around my eyes. Astigmatism on both eyes, new glasses (which with my face shape is hell to fit and ended up costing a ****load). Started sleeping a hell of a lot better and seeing like when I was 20 again tho :p

Guess the worst of all would be not getting older at all tho, so Ill cope :p

The alternative to growing old is death. Live and get glasses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom