New Newfie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Everyone !

I'm just getting my Cert finished this week with Ocean Quest ! am very excited to do the open water !

Looking for some good first dives around Newfoundland ! preferably around the Avalon Peninsula ! if u got any ideas please let me know !

Also if u have any advice about what type of first dives I should do, Equipment, or anything else ! please msg me !

Friendly Newfie !

Welcome to diving and to ScubaBoard! I am at the other end of the country and can't recommend any dive sites in your locale. A great way to meet divers in your area and learn about sites through them is to take a more advanced course such as Advanced Open Water or Scba Rescue Diver. Speaking for myself, in my Basic OW class most of the divers got certified so that they could dive down south. In AOW and SRD I met dedicated local divers.

Safe diving!

Two newfies walk into a bar.... Stop me if you've heard this one:D

Welcome aboard.

You've got some excellent diving there; I'm sure that the crew at Ocean Quest will have lots of suggestions. You've got lots of dive sites in Conception Bay and they even have an iceberg dive once you get more experienced. Welcome aboard!

Wayne
Halifax

You are lucky to be diving there, I've dove a few times with Rick. The wrecks are great dives to do once you get qualified. Even the shore dives I found to be fun, catching and releasing lobster and chasing around some of the fish, the Bell is also a good dive. You can find a lot of divers meet up and go out to different sites ariund the area, the guys at OceanQuest can steer you in the right direction.

Bauline in the summer and Holyrood in Mid-May are two really good ones. There's also St. Phillip's around July if you want to get a good look at some of the Sea life, and Bacon cove if you awnt to get a good look at a few wrecks fairly shallow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom