Taking scuba students to Comal River and to Lake Amistad.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laredo Scuba Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Laredo Scuba Diving Club will be taking four scuba students to practice their open water skills. We will be taking our students one weekend, to Lake Amistad, in Del Rio, Texas and one weekend, to the Comal River, in New Braunfels, Texas. Having a wonderful time with our future divers.

Laredo Scuba Diver:):cool2:

Last edited:
Close to the dam, if you wiggle down into the sand a little, you can usually find 12'. :D Most of it is 8ish in the middle and 4ish at some of the banks.

Hello Dannod,

The deepest point at Comal River is at exactly 15 feet. That is where I have seen some dive clubs do their check out dives. I believe 15 feet is Padi standard.

Laredo Scuba Diver

Laredo, where is it 15 feet? I usually enter through Prince Solms Park entrance, go to the third set of stairs up river and drift to the first set of stairs right before the tube chute. I've never registered anything over 10 feet on my computer or depth gauge.

We have been chartering OW checkout dive classes to various locations on Lake Travis. Contact us if you are interested in taking out your group. Trip Reports are posted on Facebook at Lake Travis Scuba.

15 feet is located diectly in front of the steps, where the picnic tables are, there is a ring at the bottom, so divers can clip their float for divers. I measured the bottom of the river with my depth console gauge. I sits at exactly 15 feet. I measured this in October.

Laredo Scuba Diver

I will share this with our Laredo dive club.

Thank you,
Laredo Scuba Diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom