DSS and Oxycheq Pics side by side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Acteg,
I have a spare plate lying around and thought of getting a travel wing. Are there 11 inch centre holes on the DSS 17 Torus wing for mounting using sex bolts? Can't tell on your pictures. Thanks.

Acteg,
I have a spare plate lying around and thought of getting a travel wing. Are there 11 inch centre holes on the DSS 17 Torus wing for mounting using sex bolts? Can't tell on your pictures. Thanks.

All DSS singles wings have holes at 11" centers, but we do not recommend bolting any DSS wing to any plate. Doing so defeats the quick removal feature of DSS wings and plates and greatly increases the chances of pinching the wing.

Tobin

All DSS singles wings have holes at 11" centers, but we do not recommend bolting any DSS wing to any plate. Doing so defeats the quick removal feature of DSS wings and plates and greatly increases the chances of pinching the wing.

Tobin

I'm sorry Tobin but what do you mean by "pinching the wing"?

I'm sorry Tobin but what do you mean by "pinching the wing"?

Ever run a bicycle into a curb? That will pinch the inner tube between the tire casing and wheel rim, classic "snake bite" failure.

Bolting a wing onto a back plate, instead of removing the wing between dives greatly increases the chances that the plate will be dropped onto the wing. A 5-6 lbs. Back plate dropped edgewise on to the lower corner of a wing is almost certain to damage the inner bladder.

We have some video's at www.deepseasupply.com that illustrate how this can occur.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom