Vr3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dantfarley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
VR3???

I have the option to buy this computer, I have no intention of CCR @ this point but see Trimix in my near future does anyone have any thoughs or comments as to the functionality and or past dive experience with this as a backup to my run Tables?

Thank you in advance

They are very good dive computer and a great option for OC mixed gas diving. There are some users that say the units are difficult to navigate. I don't thinks so but you might find it harder to operate if you are a goal miner.

Get in touch with Delta P armed with
the serial to find out its unlocked capability

Excellent tried and tested OC trimix computer.

Only downside is that the menu is a bit complex at 1st.

The VRX is the new version but not much to differentiate them.

I had one and could never get on with the menu navigation. I hated the short click left button followed by two long clicks of the right followed by putting your left foot in and shake it all about. Nothing more frustrating than getting stuck in some freakin' screen and not being to get out of it. There's a reason people are dumping them off at a fraction of purchase price.

I sold mine and bought a Shearwater Predator. In fact, I loved it so much that I bought a second one as a backup. Couldn't be more happy. Fantastic customer support, free software updates, bluetooth to my laptop, extremely easy to navigate, and they have never failed to perform. Works well with iDeco.

My dive buddy bought a new VRX and had the same issues I did (he's a mechanical engineer). I let him use my Predator and he promptly sold his VRX.

Ok no must touch navigate nothing
ppO2 monitor RB

Football anyone?

The OLED displays of the newer Shearwater and Liquivision computers are very nice.

Some people find the navigation and operation complex, others do not. OLED is sexy, but do you find it necessary? If the VR3 meets your needs then go for it. I do not own any of these tech toys, but pay enough attention to whats out there. The predator is no longer new but I think this technology is fairly mature at this point. If you have 2k to blow than maybe a new OLED is for you. If not the older models provide the necessary info for ANY type of dive at a budget price. The reality is that these computers have been providing the necessary info for a while.

I believe the Shearwater was first introduced in Oct 2009, and has had several (free) software updates since that time. Depending upon your needs, they range in price from $1145-$1895. Although it's a bonus, I didn't buy one because of the OLED. I bought it because its reliable, upgradable, extremely easy to navigate, the algorithm, good price point, have yet to hear about any customer complaints, and outstanding customer service.

My most sincere suggestion is to play with the VR3 before you decide to buy.

Back
Top Bottom