NEW Sea Doo RS Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks kinda cheesey with flimsy bits which could break off. I like the second article because it claims they used LION first in a DPV application. Not true. Tobin and X Scooter (I believe) had the first LION batteries for underwater DPV's. At least they don't say it goes 3 mph underwater.

X

Don't expect to get much positive feedback on this thread. It's pretty much dominated by "if it ain't $4000+ and weighs 60 pounds it's garbage" as they all attempt to trash the competitions products. If you look at Mr. X posts you'll see his pattern of negative comments on this forum except when his favored brand is mentioned. Expect lot's of bashing from the usual crowd once this thread gains legs

I a big fan of lighter more portable scooters and it's incredibly exciting even revolutionary what we're seeing this year from scooter manufacturers. State of the art, simple, powerful, feature laden scooters between 10-20 pounds with affordable price points-pretty awesome for divers. The RS Series look very bad ass ....they really stepped up the design on this line. Can't wait to check one out

These toys are fine for controlled environments, but in open water with currents or when used for traveling longer distances these are just not reliable and if you believe their marketing specs, you will be left stranded with a long swim back to shore, made even longer by having to drag the thing back. Endorsing these as a good choice in SCUBA equipment is like endorsing water wings as a viable BCD alternative. They both have their place in the world and they are not the same place.

For people wanting actual reviews, Amazon is a good place to start your search about how disappointing these types of scooters are for scuba diving, while being mediocre to acceptable for snorkeling.

Here's a nice video of the SeaDoo RS in its natural environment with its target customer for you enjoyment.

[video=youtube;j-wnMZIYHdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-wnMZIYHdI[/video]

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please keep the discussion about the product in the original post, which can include your opinions about that product or similar products. Personal comments, insults etc are not allowed. Continued violations may result in losing your posting privilege in this thread or this forum.

Rapidiver

Anything positive? They all have their nitch so try some positive comments about something.

I have and use both types and just like my daddy said the right tool for the right job. Enough said. Back to reading

These toys are fine for controlled environments, but in open water with currents or when used for traveling longer distances these are just not reliable and if you believe their marketing specs, you will be left stranded with a long swim back to shore, made even longer by having to drag the thing back.

As you are a DPV manufacturer with an entire thread on SB devoted to promoting your product it would be prudent to disclose this as uninformed readers may take your opinion as objective. I've seen you on other threads doing this same type of thing against other DPV companies. You may not be aware but this type of behavior is quite transparent.

Please Keep ScubaBoard Clean

Rapidiver

Anything positive? They all have their nitch so try some positive comments about something.

I have and use both types and just like my daddy said the right tool for the right job. Enough said. Back to reading

Well..they look awesome-very "Darth Vader" Maybe we'll hear something from DEMA or some one who has actually dived the unit (not SB Virtual Divers tho lol)

Don't expect to get much positive feedback on this thread. It's pretty much dominated by "if it ain't $4000+ and weighs 60 pounds it's garbage" as they all attempt to trash the competitions products. If you look at Mr. X posts you'll see his pattern of negative comments on this forum except when his favored brand is mentioned. Expect lot's of bashing from the usual crowd once this thread gains legs

Expect videos from DEMA (filmed by him) of these doggy scooters.

X

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom