What equipment significantly changed/improved your scuba diving experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I woyld say my dry suit. My trim and stubility was way better . Did not have to work as hard and my lower back did not growl at me after 2 or 3 dive days. and my new OMS mask . found one that fit so much closer and NO LEAKS . I DOVE FOR 2.5 YEARS WITH A MASK THAT SEEPED WATER ALL THE TIME . I got REAL GOOD AT CLEARING IT THOUGH.

Had to laugh at that one Jim, I feel the exact opposite. It was liberating to get rid of all that stuff and dive the way Mike and Jacque intended us to, just you and the dive lung. :)

I would not go back to the time before the SPG. :no:

On the other gear, I hear you. There are times when just a mask fins and a bottle of gas with a reg are all you need to bring to the party. Heck, there are still times all I need is the mask and fins for a memorable day playing on the reef.

My top three would be a bc,weight belt and a pressure gauge,I still have the old j valves and 72s standing by though. A wetsuit gets honorable mention.

For me it was something decidedly low-tech - a pair of White's MK3 Thermal Socks. My feet getting cold was my limiting factor. Since I've been using those, life is good!

lol the little things can make a big difference!

In order of how much they affected my enjoyment of diving:
computer
dry gloves
dry suit
Force Fins
BP/W
rubber weight belt
DUI fleece undergarment
canister light

rapidiver:
What 1 or 2 pieces of gear significantly changed your overall diving experience?
On a scale of 1-10, with '10' representing a fundamental, great, postive impact on my diving:

1. Drysuit (10/10)
2. Canister light (8/10)

And, although you only asked for 1-2 pieces of gear, while I am at it:

3. BP/W (6/10)
4. SM configuration (4/10)
5. DPV (3/10)

Back
Top Bottom