2011 Exercise and Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just found your post.. here I was thinking I was all alone posting here...glad you are back! let's get crackin'! Church fair this past weekend which meant I ate way too much of stuff I shouldn't have and drank a bit more too! LOL
Yesterday I recuperated, and today I got a nice little 30 min. workout in this morning. 1.5 mile barefoot run on asphalt, followed by some crunches, step ups and anything else I could find to do at the dog park. Did a few up and overs on the ^ looking thing and jumped some stuff. Good fun! Creative is my motto. I don't want to get bored doing the same thing over and over. Now looking at the wii zumba, maybe Santa will bring it for me. I usually do the wii in the winter--too hot even with the A/C on in the summer to do it.
Also seriously looking at the A1A half marathon in Feb. I think without a fitness goal set up, I am losing focus. A 14/min avg. mile will put me in at just 3 hrs completion. My 5K a couple weeks ago was 12:25 pace, and I was tiring at the end.

Whoo hooo!!! Fokus!!!

Very motivational thread. I’m inspired to join your challenge. I haven’t committed to my exercise routine these past few months because I’ve been on quite a few mini-diving trips (always a good thing) ,which have disrupted my exercise routine. However, I’ve just returned from a 3 day hiking/camping trip in the mountains, and it’s nice to know that lugging diving gear kept me conditioned for this camping trip. LOL…. Anyway, I still need to stay “focused” as Scuba-Jenny says and stay committed, not just fordiving but for life. Thanks for the thread.

Last edited:
Thanks for finding us and jumping in! This thread is for anybody who wants to motivate or be motivated with fitness goals.

Thank you for the welcome.

I'm fortunate to have a very "outdoorsy" family willing to try new adventures. Since we've been blessed with phenomenal weather this week, I proposed a Thanksgiving hiking event in lieu of our traditional indoor sit down meal. We are going to hike to a beautiful mountain top and feast with the most gorgeous God-given panoramic view. Each adult is responsible for bringing 1 item to contribute to the meal. We even have young kids in tow! Everyone is so excited. We won't even feel so guilty about the extra calories because we know we'll be burning them on the hike.

Hopefully we've started a new Thanksgiving tradition! Everyone have a safe, blessed, and healthy Thanksgiving! :turkey:

Got lots of exercise (hiking up and down hills in Ct.) this past week. Today isn't going to be so good, as I'm waiting in an airport for a delayed flight. Would love to walk up and down the terminal, but dragging my luggage along with me isn't appealing. When I get home I have a dinner and movie date, so it looks like my fingers are the only parts of me that will be moving much today.....lol. I'm glad I brought yogurt and apples with me to munch on.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom