Kingston, Jamaica - Advice/help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does Jamaica have DIN or yoke tanks? I hope for the former as I can't find my DIN to yoke adapter tonight and I am leaving tomorrow AM.

All the tanks we've seen, or dove on, were standard, normal, everyday, tanks. We took our Sherwood Oasis regulators with us, and used them without any special adapters.

Enjoy your trip!

All I've seen at yoke.

Just done two dives at Runaway Bay and two more tomorrow.

Shop has DIN adapters and a few tanks with inserts so all is good.

Is $20 ok tip for 2 tank dive? What is the custom?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Is $20 ok tip for 2 tank dive? What is the custom?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Seems reasonable to me. I used to tip $20 per 2 tank dive trip for both the wife and I, but we just increased it to $30.

Love to hear about how the diving was, and compared to other destinations you've been to. On Jamaica, we've only dove at Negril, so it will be interesting to know your impression.

Well I was the only guest diving so I felt I should tip extra. Plus I gave them both of my backup lights and trauma sheers as a thank you.

Well I was the only guest diving so I felt I should tip extra. Plus I gave them both of my backup lights and trauma sheers as a thank you.

I just re-read my observation, and noticed that it was poorly worded. We used to tip $20 per diver per 2 tank dive ($40 for the two of us), a practice of mine since back in the 90's. Started thinking recently that the world economies had inflated a little since that time, so we have increased our tipping to $30 per diver per 2 tank dive (and yes, we've also left behind dive accessories, especially when the service warranted just a little bit more).

You're a generous soul ibj40! Kudo's to you, and I am sure your presence is appreciated on the dive boats you visit!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom