Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Toys? They are a big Zeagle dealer and may have what you want or can get it. Best bet is to call them and see if they can build you one. I believe SB'ers get a discount there.

OK, I have almost decided to get one of these, but there are a few things that I need to know :)

1. Is the Express Tech one of the BCDs Zeagle can do custom colors on? My wife (doh!) wants a red bcd (to go with her red fins, women and shoes :D)
2. It sounds like the majority thinks the deluxe harness is worth the extra $, what do you guys think?
3. Does Leisurepro get these in stock often (great price on that site, $285 with ripcord weights). Unfortunately price is an issue, I really need to squeeze every penny out of basically everything I buy :-(
4. Which weight system is better, the ripcord or the zip touch? It seems some have had problems with rolling with the Express Tech

Maybe not the most important questions ever, but I need the answers :wink:
Thanks guys!

Martin, Sweden

1> Don't know for sure but knowing Zeagle, it's likely- that is a question for them.
2> No need for it or the weight system either. Use a belt or I made a very simple DIY weight system (<$5) although it is not ditchable. Not a concern to me but you may feel otherwise.
3>No idea if their inventory, there are a couple of other dealers . Give Zeagle Express an email.
4>See above again but if I had to, it would be the ripcord.

Capt.Gene
Can I shorten the inflator hose myself, or is that something I need to specify if I order?

Thanks Herman, there it is!

Thank's Herman.

If you order a shorter corrugated hose on a Zeagle system it will come with a shorter dump cable in the RE valve.
If you want to retrofit an existing RE valve to a shorter hose you will need to shorten the cable or swap out the RE valve.

You could custom order a Zeagle Ranger bladder cover in Red on an Express Tech. You could find some red webbing and re make the harness.

Would red webbing be better liked than the standard black webbing?

Excellent!
As for the red, im not sure: she just found Poseidons new red wetsuit, so Ill be diving with a strawberry really soon :)
I am going to order, but I have to let this whole Christmas ordeal sort it self out first. Wifeys will come after she has tried mine :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom