Breast cancer survivors needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gene_Hobbs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The goal of Project Pink Tank is to improve our understanding of diver health among breast cancer survivors. The knowledge gained will be used to create a platform for future research and dive medicine consensus conferences.

We are looking for participants in our study of diver health among breast cancer survivors. Your participation may help researchers improve their understanding of the benefits and potential health issues for breast cancer survivors who scuba dive. The first part of the study involves a questionnaire. The survey was launched for Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2011 with the support of PADI, Duke Dive Medicine, and VR Technology. The second phase of the study will involve assessment of post-dive health outcome data among breast cancer survivors and healthy, age-matched female controls on an observational basis.

For more information about the project or to participate, please check out pinktank.org. Please talk to your dive shops about including this in their newsletter, the more survivors that participate, the greater the potential impact on our knowledge.

ppt-150.png

**Special thanks also to Andrew Sallmon Marine Photography for photos used to advertise the project.

Last edited:
Just bumping this up. I am the breast cancer survivor pictured on the website, and I have been an avid diver since long before I went through diagnosis, treatment, surgery(ies). I have had on/off issues with skin bends since my last surgery, and it has been impossible to get information on my particular situation from my physicians or DAN - this will make that possible.

Thank you!

Allison
Allison Vitsky - underwater photos | SmugMug

Quick bump to this thread... We have had over 300 respondents so far and there are two more months before we close down the survey. Please ask your local dive club to put an announcement in their newsletter. The more people that respond, the greater the impact our study can have.

Thanks for your consideration,
-Rubicon Project Pink Tank Team

Back
Top Bottom