Connect of bolt snap to regulator and SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to use bungee because it was easier and less forgiving to tie than caveline. Which isn't saying much. Now I use caveline because it doesn't slip on the hose like bungee, and it doesn't indent the hose like a zip tie.

Of the choices you can have I think zipties are the hardest to cut compared to the rest of your choices. Caveline, O-rings, and bungee can all be cut easily and quickly using your serrated knife. Zipties NEED to be cut by a pair of shears, and even then getting the right angle on your SPG hose might be troublesome.

the point of zip ties is so you can pull them off or twist them off a LOT easier than you ever could with line. Twist off is the best thing and i've never had a hose indent, but I always put it on the metal sleeve...

I used to use zip-ties, but I found they got brittle and snapped too easily after a while. After losing 3 bolt-snaps (at ~$10 a time), I got fed up with the failures. On balance, I now prefer to cut free, rather than snap free.

I thought all that crap was either connected to your tank or to your mouth

P10102521.JPG

No Problemo

I thought all that crap was either connected to your tank or to your mouth

P10102521.JPG

No Problemo
Small Hijack: That cover makes me think of what a big market new "Distressed" jeans, new "Worn Vintage" guitars, etc are. Sell old reg covers with paint, duct tape, etc. for the experienced look. :wink:

I must say that is the first reg I have EVER SEEN with duct tape on it for any reason. I would recommend bailing wire to attach the regulator and hose to anything needed. Just carry a pair of fenceman's pliers with you.

On topic I use cave line and find it very easy to use and fairly strong, yet can be cut quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom