Connect of bolt snap to regulator and SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know, I was sucked into a vortex, lucky for everyone I was spat out, heh heh heh
and spun and bounced against things, and the first thing to go was the console ripped
off the clipped to a D ring, O ring and zip, and the next was the gauge cage zipped to
the console ripped off when it was wedged between a couple of hard rock type things

So the moral of the story is that I will with certain types of diving always use a console

And the moral of the stonewashed jeans is that since making that fashion statement
my stuff may have been smashed but all still worked because none of the bits fell off

So really it's not diving, it's surviving and it's about getting in and out
and it's the ocean that chooses your skills for the day, you just judge.

You know, I was sucked into a vortex, lucky for everyone I was spat out, heh heh heh
and spun and bounced against things, and the first thing to go was the console ripped
off the clipped to a D ring, O ring and zip, and the next was the gauge cage zipped to
the console ripped off when it was wedged between a couple of hard rock type things

So the moral of the story is that I will with certain types of diving always use a console

And the moral of the stonewashed jeans is that since making that fashion statement
my stuff may have been smashed but all still worked because none of the bits fell off

So really it's not diving, it's surviving and it's about getting in and out
and it's the ocean that chooses your skills for the day, you just judge.

This should be published...just sayin..
(I understood it, did you?)

Since I am asking questions, here are some more :) :

1. In what situations would you need to remove the bolt snap from a regulator or SPG?
2. Is the bolt snap on the regulator so you can clip it off if it malfunctions and you are using the bungeed second?

Thanks for the honest answers folks. I am asking these in all seriousness and not to be a smartie. I will most probably be buying a setup like this in March since the other ones I have tried I did not like. I like the simplicity, but I do want to understand the function and reasons behind them. Thanks!!!

You'd remove the snap when you need to use whatever piece of gear you need, but the snap is stuck. And yes, the boltsnap is on the reg so you can clip it off when not in use, such as a failure, on the boat, when using another gas source, etc. If its not in yo mouth, its clipped off on yo d-ring :)

You'd remove the snap when you need to use whatever piece of gear you need, but the snap is stuck. And yes, the boltsnap is on the reg so you can clip it off when not in use, such as a failure, on the boat, when using another gas source, etc. If its not in yo mouth, its clipped off on yo d-ring :)

Thanks for the response. I hadn't even thought of being on the boat and snapping. I feel kinda silly now.

You may also need to remove the boltsnap if it caught on line, kelp, etc. Being able to cut it off could be vital to freeing the diver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the alternate second clipped to a shoulder D ring only whilst divingand a console too if using a console.Set up with a zip tie-s and O ring-s so if you can't unclip it you always can rip it. OFFSO YOU DON'T HAVE TO PULL NOTHIN FROM NOWHERE TO CUT ITand if you clip your things to D rings whilst not diving your thingsDRAG ON THE DECK OR IN THE DIRT so to avoid those unwanted exposures you useTHESE other ring things
P10100273.JPG
and if you check your gear and your rings and things, or if you don'tWHERE ARE THEY GONNA FALL ANYWAYS

Back
Top Bottom