Trip Report: Montego Bay (Captain's Watersports), May 15-16, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deedaddy66 - Thanks for the advice regarding Cariblue - Dive Sea World. I booked a dive with them. They seem very accommodating - they guaranteed that we would see lots of WATER !!

In December, 2011, my son and I were in Montego Bay on a short stay for a nephew's wedding - so squeezing in dive time, we had a great dive with Cariblue- Dive Sea World. The advanced-age dive guide/PADI Instructor, Victor Higgins, is a Jamaican native (estimate: mid-50's) who is widely known around the island. He was MOST accommodating. Anything we wanted. NO FRILLS (exactly as described by Deedaddy66) but we had two nice 1 hour dives and the boat all to ourselves. Reasonable price - could probably have negotiated for less. Knowledgeable guide, but he let us go at our own (slow) pace over Chubb Reef, then a drift dive along the same reef. He would have taken us to any of the other reefs, if we had asked. The office girl, Patricia was doting. I am not sure they had great depth at equipment - we took our own equipment (except weights and tank, obviously). The boat was not fancy, but it had a canopy - steered at the motor by Captain Fox. Victor said that he didn't like groups of more than 4-5. If you want an experienced dive guide, and you don't care about "fancy" then these guys are good for Montego Bay. I would use them again. (I would not recommend the hotel accommodations.)

Info on the Cariblue
Dive Seaworld Resorts Jamaica Limited
Rose Hall, Montego Bay P.O. Box 610, Jamaica, W.I.

Telephone: (876) 953-2180 or 2022- Fax: (876) 953-3580

E-mail: info@diveseaworld.com

Victor Higgins.jpg Capt Fox 2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom