Explorer II Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I have taken a job with the operation and I hope to see some of you in the coming year.

I am leaving 2 days fo this boat and am really excited! Right now I have my fins, BCD, dive kit, some clothes and lights/misc. items in a soft duffel bag, and I am carrying my regulator and important stuff with my carry on. What I want to ask is, would you recommend I bring a mesh bag on this trip?

I ask because I was under the impression that there will be personal bins to store dive gear (fins and the lot), or do passengers take the stuff back to their rooms and let the wet stuff dry?

Oh and flip flops?

The only need for a mesh beg is to get your stuff on and off the boat. There are bins, so all of your dive gear stays on the dive deck at all times, where it gets surprisingly dry. :)

No flip flops. You'll be barefoot all week anyway, and flip flops would be treacherous on the wet deck surfaces.

Have fun -- it's a great trip. :)

toothbrush, 2 t shirts, 2 swim trunks, dive stuff. Flip flops for when you go off the boat, yup, you're packed and ready to go.

I am going to book this trip for october of this year my wfe who is a non diver is considering coming along are there anyoptions for nondivers to do while we dive I know when we did the Aquacat in the Bahamas they offered a trip to a beach during the day for anyone who didn't want to dive thanks

I am going to book this trip for october of this year my wfe who is a non diver is considering coming along are there anyoptions for nondivers to do while we dive I know when we did the Aquacat in the Bahamas they offered a trip to a beach during the day for anyone who didn't want to dive thanks

I've done the trip several times, and see nothing for a non-diver to do other than read, tan, drink, and listen to what a great time everyone else is having. If your wife thinks this sounds good, go for it. Otherwise, I'd suggest something more shore-based.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I have taken a job with the operation and I hope to see some of you in the coming year.
Tell Ken and Brandt Don Healy says hi. You will really like your crew mates!

So I would like to ask any of you folks out there how the Explorer II for the Turks and Caicos compares to the Aggressor boat that goes there?

Here is why I ask. Several of us each year like to get together and travel. We are looking at going to the Turks & Caicos for 2013. The basic choices seem to be the Aggressor boat which runs $2695 (June timeframe) for a standard room or the Explorer II which runs about $2295 for a standard room. So the Explorer II is right at $400 less and their free spot policy is better at 5 pay - one goes free as opposed to the Aggressor where 8 pay and one goes free. Since we all share equally in the free spot, that makes the Explorer even a better deal.

So I guess what I'm asking is, considering the free spots and how we divide them, do folks think the Aggressor is worth close to $500 more per person over the Explorer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom