What happened to Nature Island Dive in Dominica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChicagoDavid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going on a cruise ship to Dominica 1/4/12, and Nature Island Dive was recommended by many on scubaboard. But the website is down, and I call a number and there is no answer or ability to leave a message? What's up with them?I can't doe Dive Dominica, also recommended by many, because they go through my cruise ship, and the cruise ship excursion has an 18 and over requirement! (My kids are 14 and 16).Frustrating!

It seems that only Dive Dominica has nitrox in the southern part of the island. I was looking forward to diving with a smaller operation.

I too was on a cruise to Dominica and dove with Nature Island, in part because of recommendations and reviews I read on Scubaboard. Personally, I found them to be a bit sketchy and poorly organized... and those are my positive comments. My next cruise to Dominica I'll either scout out a different LDS or sit that one out.

It seems that only Dive Dominica has nitrox in the southern part of the island. I was looking forward to diving with a smaller operation.

I would think that if Karen from NID knew ahead of time that you wanted nitrox she would make it happen. They are a really fun and professional small dive op. The little town of Soufriere is neat too.

My wife and I have dove with NID 3 times over the past several years. Each dive was after arriving on a cruise ship. We have always had a very positive exerience with them. We are looking at going on a cruise again in March and will be back in Dominica at that time. I will definately be looking at going with them again. I am going to be giving Karen a call. Will hopefully find out what's up with the website. Dominica has been one of our favorite spots to dive.

Well, I found them! Their website had been down. Facebook was a good idea, though!

Had a really good experience with them. And the diving was awesome!

Back
Top Bottom