Suunto D4 - how do I get the connecting cable (to the computer) to stay in the D4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowlybard

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The usb cable to connect the D4 to the computer -Silly question - however, I get the cable in the watch and I cant get it to stay there - what is the trick?? I have tried rotating it gently but dont want to damage the pins. New computer, new diver -help!

If it's the same as the d9 you put it in the right side with the dot up and rotate to aboute 2 o'clock. Kinda clicks over. Once that is done it should not fall out, and be reasonable secure. The face will say data transfer.

just received usb cable for D4. Should be same with all D series. But I can not attached the cable to my divecomp. I tried push it a bit and rotate to 2 o'clock but still not move at 12 o'clock. There is a spring either in the cable's pin or in the divecomp. I pushed it to the maximum that i could and seems that it can not move anywhere else. Is it hard or does it need a little bit force to rotate?

Beside, if the red dot at the cable is at 12 o'clock, the pin is not is slightly diagonal while at the divecomp is horizontal. Here's the pic with red dot ar 12 o'clock.
Suunto D4.jpg
Cheers,
Kresna

How did you solve this, I've just bought a D4i and I can't for the life of me work out how to connect the cable to the computer. I'm putting it in red dot up, but then it won't turn at all? Am I doing something obvious wrong? Thanks

It's really, really stiff on the D4i. The first time you do it you're paranoid it's going to break, but after you've done it once and have a feel for the force required the next time is much easier. What I love is the way the manual doesn't even mention the cable, and leaves you to puzzle this less-than-intuitive connector out for yourself.

I've tried forcing it and all I seem to have succeeded in doing is rotating the rubber bit at the end of the lead around until it seems like it's going to come off. Any tips for getting it to rotate properly? This is pretty frustrating!

Right, just dug mine out. With the red dot at the face, the connector should easily push flush into the socket. It's still completely loose at this point, and will fall straight back out again. It then takes a 45 degree turn away from you (clockwise as you look at it from the connector side) and that locks it into position. It gets easier every time I do it. if I didn't remember how much I struggled with it first time (the air was blue!) I wouldn't believe it had ever been an issue.

---------- Post added July 12th, 2014 at 06:06 PM ----------

PS If you look at the socket on the computer it has two "pins" visible, and so does the cable. You'd intuitively think these should line up when you make the connection, but they don't.

---------- Post added July 12th, 2014 at 06:18 PM ----------

PPS I relocated the YouTube video that helped me out: SuuntoD4i - YouTube

Thanks for the help CamC, but I just can't get it to rotate once the cable is in, there's no way to grip it properly and the rubber bit at the end just slides about. I think I'm going to have to take it back to the shop and get them to do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom