Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Common 2 inch weight belt material.
Some of the thinner, softer materails do not hold well in the slides.

Thanks Herman!

I wouldn't mind a nice OD green but it looks good black too.

Mike

For those wanting to put their name on their BC ssomewhere, buy some of the below linked items, or if near an Army base go get some made at one of the many drycleaner/alteration/uniform shops! Just remember to throw them in a sock or garment bag and wash them 2-3 times so they will shrink and pucker all they are going to before getting them sewn on!U.S. Cavalry ACU Cotton Name Tapes (Set of 3)

Mike

I have not been able to read over this entire thread yet. I am strongly considering the Express Tech after the rave reviews here. I skipped over it at first on the Leisure Pro website, because it just looked so dainty.

I am considering the Zeagle Scout as well, because it already has pockets installed on it, and it seems the price would offset any weight system etc.

On some of the pictures here, it looks like you installed weight pockets on the tank straps. How much weight are you putting in the rear?

Thanks
-Terry

The rear weight pockets can hold 5 pounds each and the add on integrated set up could easily hold 20, maybe more.

Is there enough space on the belt to put weights on, or do I need to get the zip touch or ripcord weight accessories? I need about 16lbs at the most.

The strap length will be determined by your circumferance and you can trim excess to fit.
You could use whatever weights you desire. Zeagle's systems work well.
Is there enough space on the belt to put weights on, or do I need to get the zip touch or ripcord weight accessories? I need about 16lbs at the most.

I've had a Zeagle Scout for years and years, for a very long time, since before Scouts had pockets and a cummerbund. I love my little Scout for many of the reasons mentioned in connection with the new Express. From the pics I've seen, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of difference between my vintage pocketless uncummerbunded very sleek, small and easily packed Scout and the Express. Am I mistaken? It certainly is tough, never giving me any problems of any kind in over a decade of steady use including about two dozen overseas trips. I've replaced the corrugated hose once, only because it looked a bit grey. Actually, so do I. It is so light and fits so easily you are almost unaware of it.
The Scout takes up almost no room in my luggage, and has D rings in useful places enabling me to avoid any dangling hoses or equipment. I've always used a weigh tbelt, have for 40 years, and prefer them to integrated systems. My original style Scout, like the Express, has no integrated weight provisions. Is there something i'm missing, or is my Scout just a slightly larger and and bit less simplified Express? What advantages would I experience were I to replace it with an Express?

Back
Top Bottom