Canyon Lake Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich Keller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Is there any good dive sites in Canyon Lake? If so GPS numbers would be helpful.

Has Canyon lake cleared up any? It's been a while since I've been there, but visibility was always pretty bad. There were a couple of okay shore diving sites, but not much to see, not that you could see much...

I was thinking more about diving in the channel that leads down to the lake from the dam above. Went kayaking up there years ago and thought diving along the cliffs on either side of the channel could be interesting depending on how deep they go below the surface. Would the visibility be better or worse in that area?

Visibility is pretty much the same no matter where you are in Canyon. We did some dives in the cliff area and it wasn't any better there.

Canyon Lake = Braille Diving. I don't know if taking a boat away from the shore would be any better. I know a few years ago some dive shops did boat dives there. If you end up on a boat and the vis is good let us know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom